Path to the playoffs just got a little easier!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanMark, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Tebow scores late TD and beats Jets.

I want a Division title but a WC is alright too.

Meeting the Texans in the AFC Championship game wouldnt hurt my feelings either. I dont expect that but it is possible.

The Titans just need to win the rest of the AFC games and get to 10-6 and the rest will take care of itself.

Cinci wont last, so im not worried about that tie break. Their remaining schedule is brutal and losing Hall is bad for them.

Buffalo an old nemisis is a must win.

So its all right in front of us. The football gods have given the Titans a little help. The rest is up to them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

The Texans aren't making it anywhere near the AFC championship game lol

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

how sweet would it be to win the division or wildcard and have a 1st round matchup with the leinart led houston texans?

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Still think we need a division title for a playoff spot. I see the Pats, Pitt, and San Deigo winning their divisions. Then we'll havta battle with Jets, Buffalo, Ravens, Cincy, Oakland most likely for a playoff spt.

Being that we're 5-4, and a streaky team, I think the AFC South title is what we must be shooting for.

5. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

11 wins would definitely tie up the division since Houston is down to Leinart. I don't see us winning 6 of our next 7 though. 5 would be possible, but I reckon we'd lose on the divisional tie-breaker.

If it does come to down to tie-break scenarios, the one play that I'd look back on and regret the most would be way back in week 1. When Hass tossed up an overthrown easy pick to end the game. We were driving, down by 2, had 25 seconds on the clock and only needed 15-20 yards to give Bironas a shot.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

with 0 time outs... just sayin'

7. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

It's time enough for two sideline plays. Or a deep middle and a spike. Hass even admitted to being "greedy".

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you are giving our WRs a lot of credit thinking they would recognize the urgency of getting back to the LoS and getting set.

Possibly you are right, but I think only the short outside stuff would have gotten the yards. And then the QB/WRs would have had too have been making the same reads ect... possibly the tarpkitties would have helped with soft CBs though...

Regardless 8 should not have thrown that particular ball, I just had next to 0 faith that the Titans could get the FG off much less withing Bironas range so my dissappointment was not huge on that drive killing play. Now my dissappointment for the game was HUGE though. Beyond ridiculus that the team was so not ready too play NFL football on w1

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I have a sure thing for you. Matt Leinart will not take them to the playoffs

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I totally agree. I don't see them even making the playoffs. I'm expecting them to totally fall apart starting sunday against the jags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar