Pats release DE Ealy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shane_mcmurdo, Aug 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I don't think that Ealy would fit in as an OLB in our system. He might, you never know, but it's unlikely.

I would not go as far as saying JRob is happy with what he has..... As far as depth goes we don't have much behind Morgan & Orakpo. We have Dodd who has not been productive yet. (Not saying he won't, not trying to get that crap started here.) Walden had 11 sacks last year, but I don't think anyone is expecting him to repeat a career year; in a new system. Wallace has been playing well in the PS.

I would say that MOST good GMs; are going to sign an extra Pass Rusher, if they feel he can come in & produce. They are too hard to find. I'm not sure Ealy can be that guy. He has only played 4/3 DE as far as I know. I do not know that much about him though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. kenny

kenny Starter

I don't think it could hurt to pick him up & see what he has...... Cut one of the guys you already know will be gone at the cut down. Worst that can happen is he does not pan out & is an easy cut. The best thing that could happen is you get a young player that can create a pass rush. He has produced 14 sacks over his 3yrs. That is more than some have produced for us....It's a gamble, but a low cost gamble. I think it's the type of gamble you make IF you are lacking in Pass Rush depth. Low cost, high reward IF it works. Consistent Pass Rushers are hard to find in the NFL today.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

I don't want to start the whole Dodd thing......It creates a big deal for some reason. However, it is a low risk gamble; so I tend to agree. Sign him & see what he offers. If he doesn't pan out it is an easy cut to make.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If the point is to try to bring in young talent to create competition, this would do just that. If he's not better than the other guys, he's gone, simple.

This should go for every single position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar