Pet Poll: do you have them - how do you feel about them?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, May 24, 2007.

?
  1. I have pets and they are beloved family members and get the royal treatment

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. I have pets but they are just for the kids, or the wife etc.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. I have pets but they stay outside, caged or in the garage

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. I like pets, as long as they are yours

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. I do not care about animals and do not understand why anyone would have pets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I own a bird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Gunny how many freakin birds do you have.

And that "thing" looks like... i dont even kno..

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

too many.

When my grandfather passed we inherited his canaries because my grandmother couldn't care for them.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

No Way!!!, I always liked Fla

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Awwww, I officially have a crush on you! You said that you loved your cat! I'm melting!:fish:

5. VYF

VYF Guest

I like dogs but I don't care for cats. I can't stand the smell of a litterbox. I don't care how many times you clean that sucker.... it still smells.

I think one of the reasons why I was so happy I ended my relationship with my ex was because I wouldn't have to smell that litterbox at his house anymore. I'm not saying that is why I broke up with him :ha:

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My last cat needed no litter box....just leave the door cracked and she' d take it outside. :cool2:

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Do you believe in miricles?

I recently purchased a home in Benicia, CA (the 1st state capitol of CA). My wife is a huge pet persona and I had a few of my own so when we merged the pet family got pretty large. She brought 2 chinchillas, a dog and a cat. I brought a Turtle and a cat. Some how we picked up another 2 cats along the way. I seem to remember protesting this but we still got them! My grandmother got ill and needed a more permanate care giver so my family took her in. We moved to the recently purchased home together with all of our pets.

Two month after moving in, Loki our second youngest cat just ran off. We put up signs for months, went to the pound, .... nothing. I liked the cat but accept it for dead. We are in a new development, I had seen mountain lions on the ride home. Lots of large hunting birds, figured there was no way he could have made it.

Another month passes and we lose the cat I brought in. The cat had been through allot of girlfriends and homes it was pretty crushing to lose him ... but after the other cat had disappeared I figured him for dead and dealt with it.

Two weeks later my wife is cleaning the turtle's make-shift tank that was in place until her home in the new house was complete. She leaves one of the rocks to high ion the side of the box and the turtle disappears.

So at this point I am down two cats and a turtle. The turtle had been with me for 10 years. Not an exciting pet but still had 10 years of service.

I am basically crushed at this point .....

A month and a half passes and my wife Bday is upon us. She is still feeling bad about the turtle thing, I come home and as I am putting the key in, I look down to my left and what is sitting there??? The turtle. I was so shocked that it had survived for a month and a half I had to take a really good look at it to make sure. Sure enough it was her. She had an entire bath tub to herself until I finished her tank. I was thinking in my head after all the loss what a miracle it is to get at least one of the pets back.

A month later (almost 2 months after the second cat had gone missing; around 3 months since the 1st cat went missing) my wife in a last ditch effort to locate my cat put up signs on the local mail boxes. Less then 10 minute after putting them up some guy 6 blocks down calls and has the cat. He comes back, take few days to get back to normal but has been cool since.

These are two living things that I had given up for dead that I cared about and they came back. It was a weird feeling of thanks. Sometimes in life we get lucky but when it comes to something you care about it is some much more meaningful. I told everyone I knew it just seemed like such a blessing.

Today, I went to a friends wedding. Came home and I was shutting down the house. I took one last look outside and I see a scrawny little grey cat sniffing around. I don't see many cat in the neighborhood so I open the door to take a closer look. I call to get it closer and as he stepped into the light I realized it was the original cat I had lost almost 9 months ago.

I rarely believe in powers guiding something home but today I feel I witnessed something special. This may just be my late night ramblings about a coincidence but to get three things you have given up for dead back to you ....... just makes you question things ....

d'oh on miricles ...

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Turtles are quick muthas. Put em on the ground look away for a second and they are off.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

[​IMG]

Time to hang it all up & you know...walk the earth dude.:chuck:

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I've never had a problem admitting that I love a little kitty :)

Were any of you affected by all of that pet food nastiness that happened a few months back? I have to feed my cat a specific dry food only available at the vet so I seemed to skate past that thankfully (my cat has a stomach disorder that can at times make her slightly less lovable). I can't imagine going through the trauma of having a pet die only to find out that the food you were providing it cause it's death.... frickin' brutal.

After being found to be the source of the pet food contamination China has taken notice of how the world perceives the quality of it's food and drug exports and seems intent on proving that they take those concerns seriously. The former head of China's food and drug agency was found guilty of corruption today and the sentence was ummmm... stiff.

slapped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar