PFF & ESPN Rank All 32 Rosters ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

There is literally like no evidence of Decker being washed up. And Mathews was the lone bright spot in the WR corps last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Don't bother trying to reason with JW, he's been suffering from some form of head trauma the last few years

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

It's pretty hard to see a scenario where the roster isn't quite improved from last season.

Sure, the WR rookies could not be what we hope right away. But its hard to see them sucking worse than what we had. And we added decker.

CB? Jackson will take time. Im sure he'll get burned for a couple bad plays, and then make a couple of splash plays like taking a pick to the house. Still will be better than the garbage we had I'm sure. Same goes for Ryan.

Byard should only improve in his second year. Same for Austin Johnson, Henry, Conk, and all the other young guys.

My only fear is that we literally had no significant injuries last season until MM8 went down. Hard to see that happening again, and while our front line talent is much better than it used to be, depth is an issue. If Lewan were to go down, or Orakpo or Casey or Morgan, we might be in big trouble.

But that's true of every team in the league.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Probably CTE being as I'm the only guy who actually played collegiate football here.

If Decker is so good, why'd he get cut by the hapless Jets? I'd agree on Matthews, guy was very solid and consistent.

But again, when Mathews and 2 rookies(decker signed last week off the street) are your top 3 WRs, that's not exactly comforting.

• Boring Boring x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

talking NFL in general here...

players on teams that are competitive play thru injuries that IR them on sucktastic teams... Not talking broken legs here. Talking about sitting out a game because of a leg or missing practice to take some kids for ice cream.

That crap dont happen on good teams for the most part.

yes I know plenty of exceptions still

if the Titans start strong I suspect there will be fewer than normal injuries cause that is the way the NFL rolls

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

You still got the link?

7. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Decker was cut because the Jets are straight tanking for a QB next draft.

They cut their best offensive / defensive guy. Simply to take their salary off the books.

They are banking on the number 1 draft pick and some cap space.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He was cut because he's an expensive vet on a team in rebuild mode

Why pay a guy $7M when you have no QB and will be competing for the 1st overall pick????

By the time NY is competitive again deckers career would be winding down

This is business 101 in football, for a former college player you think you'd know this stuff...

But maybe you do have CTE, I hope not

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm loving...all this love!

We have a good roster and I couldn't be any more excited about this upcoming season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar