Pick #229: Cary Williams, CB, Washburn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the 229th pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans have selected Cary Williams, CB, Washburn. The 6'-1", 185 pounder is the only NCAA Division II player to be ranked in the top 10 in the nation in interceptions and kickoff-return average in 2007.
    NFL.com: Has a very lean frame, but added over 10 pounds to his physique after the season and the added bulk did not affect his impressive timed speed... Has a tall, angular frame that can carry even more bulk, but needs to dedicate considerable hours to the weight room to improve his poor strength... Durable athlete who never missed a game due to an injury... Uses his quickness well to get downfield on the punt-coverage unit and is one of the better gunners in the draft... Has good arm length and leaping ability to compete for the jump ball, but needs to show more courage (consistently shied away from contact and had zero pass deflections in 2007)... When he is able to locate the ball, he closes with no hesitation, but lacks great instincts to read and react instantly... Has a good break on the ball in front of him and can run with most receivers, but must do a better job of staying on the outside shoulder of his man, especially on climbing drags and slants...

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

there's our mandatory CB of the 2008 draft. i would have taken wesley woodyard or erin henderson.

3. Hard to tell with anyone this late, but he certainly has potential. Size and athleticism. Just have to see if his play can translate from the small school competition to the NFL.

4. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

Really like this pick... Very high upside guy, great size and speed for a corner. Obviously another small school prospect... I think we set some kind of record for most small school prospects taken in the draft.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I know we needed a CB, but with us needing help on Offense I dont see why we didnt grab Adarius Bowman, DJ Hall, or Marcus Monk

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We must really like our wr's that was not much of a need. Like the size and speed we have had could luck with 7th round corners. I have a fear that we are maybe drafting to many workout warriors and too many players from small schools, this has to be a record. I hope we do not cut most of these guys at camp, like we cut several last year, overall I think the last two drafts have appeared to be the worst two since the team came to tennessee. Hope I am wrong!

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Reminds me of Tony Beckham. Worth a 7th round pick in a position that needs depth.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Somebody was joking earlier about drafting someone from Washburn, and there you have it, lol.

More speed. I like taking chances this late though. He's probably been dismissed by many teams despite the talent.

9. mellowyellow

mellowyellow Camp Fodder

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

cornerback should have been addressed earlier. So if Harper or Finny goes down, we have to start Hill....good job titans!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar