Picking Locker over Kaepernick, biggest mistake this Titans ever made

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The main issue of Colin Kaepernick vs Jake locker is that we could have taken JJ watt with that 8th pick and still got Colin Kaepernick.

There was a thread at the time asking what Jake locker offered a prospect that Kaepernick didn't and that to me is the real issue. We took a late 1st or early 2nd rd prospect 8th.

Locker is our guy and we have to stand by him now. Hopefully a fresh start with a Dinger style offense, a better o-line and more consistent running game will help. Jake did play well in spots in 2011.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gosh i don't know, racist? You take a QB with a 98 passing rating who just helped his team score 31 points and almost win a super bowl. A QB who won 2 playoff games. What is the similarity to VY?

Who was the 49ers QB against Green bay?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Kapernick is not as good as you think. He is a fad right now that will only work with this pistol offense. Too bad that style of offense wont work for long. I promise you next year that he will struggle big time since teams have more tape on him and will be more prepared for that type of offense. I would not be shocked if the 49'ers didnt even make the playoffs next year. Plus to make it even worse Kap was not clutch when the game was on the line. I dont want a qb who cant get it done in crunch time.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I hope someone has already pointed out that the talent around Kaepernick is significantly better than what is around Locker. How do you actually tihnk Kaepernick would look with the Titans?

5. TitansWillWin2

Titans TE's Vs 49'ers TE's- Slight edge to 49'ers.....Titans WR's vs 49'ers WR's-Slight edge to Titans......Gore vs CJ- Edge CJ......Titans OL for 49'ers OL-huge edge to 49'ers......So talent wise its closer than you think.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You guys do know that our OL ranked higher in pass protection than the 49'ers right?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/3/
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/OL

7. TitansWillWin2

8. The Hammer

You are either badly overrating our TEs and WRs or badly underrating those of SF. Or both.

9. TitansWillWin2

Healthy Britt > Crabtree.... Washington > Moss....Wright + Williams > Ginn + Jenkins

10. The Hammer

Healthy and in shape Britt......... Have not seen one of those in a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar