Players Come to Defense of Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Remember the Richard Matheson Twilight Zone where the gambler won every hand? He was in hell..
    Remember it takes some bad seasons to appreciate the good ones...

Well OK this is THREE bad seasons now and this is the real hell!

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Rolltide

Gunny is one of the few people on the board that's trying to stay positive. He doesn't stoop to personal attacks on board members who don't agree with his opinion either.

How'd that irony stuff work out for you? Went a bit quiet for a while didn't you Roll, thought we'd lost you :moon2:

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Seems like Gunny is the one with the "personal" attack. Asking a poster to leave because they state their opinion is ridiculous. The players and coaches are fair game for attacks but not posters IMO. Bashing Fisher is no different than bashing Bennett for his drops or the continuous bashing of Brown because he can't stay healthy. Still the comeback if a poster doesn't agree should state reasons outside of asking the poster to leave.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

be fair now. Do not run to rescue RollTide then take a blind eye to the attacks he has made on Gunny. Both are slinging mud.

Gunny...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disagreement with you is like a stick of butter fighting with a buzz saw. What is your lame point anyway?
    -RT

Your opinion on this matter would be greatly appreciated but i doubt you summon up the courage to have one. Very much like gunny i'm afraid to say.

-RT

What you don't see is that both your glasses are at the same level. Half empty or half full you are both Titans fans.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

"I need to do my part by catching every pass that is thrown my way. I dropped a big one early on. I thought about it last night and today when we were watching the film review. But during the game, you have to let it go. If you dwell on it, you’re going to drop another one. It’s frustrating, and it’s something I’ll have to work on this week. I think too many people are making Kerry Collins the scapegoat for our loss"

Close enough.

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

I know that I have "personally attacked" a poster on this forum recently, but I apologize. They have about as much to do with the direction of this team that I do. Say what you want about me, but I still think that the right thing to do would have been to start Volek Sunday and maybe the next two weeks until Collins learns all of his wide receiver's names and the playbook. It's clear that Fisher has screwed up the Volek led team that they have worked on throughout the off-season. Now he has screwed up the first game by starting an experienced vet that is extremely inexperienced with this team. Yes, Collins made some good passes the other day and with the help of the run game scored a TD. I do believe that Volek could have done better with 6 years of team experience. I am tired of talking about this subject over and over again, but only half can see what could have been with Volek and the other half want to give the first half of the season to a learning QB and let the losses fall where they may. If Collins goes into this Sunday's game and tears up the Chargers defense with bullet passes and a laser arm, so be it. I will be glad for the Titans. I will finally get to cheer at the end of the game. Then, they had better trade Volek or let him find a team elsewhere through free agency. After treating him like they did, it makes no sense to hold on to him...

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Sorry to do this to you RT but you have slung some hate at some people and no one but me seems to remember this post. I was bashing Collins for good or bad and you came back at me with this:

link

which is it? Or did that first appearance make it obvious why he sucks?

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=21074

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Group hug !!! Everything will be alright and the team will make a comeback. I know this is true cuz Fish said it.

[​IMG]

9. I did briefly feel sorry for Collins when he was getting booed, and the
    Volek!Volek!Volek! chants were being sung...after he was intercepted...

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Was that the INT that Bennett gave up on or the other one? I really don't have a problem with people booing. Aside from the fact, that they look like jack-asses and all it really does is make your team play worse, I think it's great. Keep it up Volek fans!!! Some of these people act like Fisher is benching Terry Bradshaw or something! It's freaking Billy Volek people! Get over it! He's never been starting materiel and he still isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar