players who don't belong in the league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Mouton and Robert Johnson are both liabilities for our defense and neither really belongs in the league except to maybe be STers. Unfortuantely for us both see a bunch of snaps on defense. The drop off from Finnegan to Mouton is huge. That doesn't mean that I think we should have paid Finny a huge salary, but we should have come up with a better option than Mouton. Johnson just hates contact way to much to be a safety in the NFL. With Griffin and Johnson as our 2 deep safeties they have to be the softest pair of safeties in the league.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Obviously in hind sight we should have paid Finny instead of McCourty if we had to choose between the two. I do believe the defense would be significantly better with Finny at NB. We obviously need an upgrade at one if not both S positions although we might be stuck with Griff for a few years. We should hope Martin can be a surprise and win one S position next year. We also need to draft someone in the first three rounds if we can find decent value. Unfortunately the S class last year was real bad. Maybe this time around it will be better.

It was a surprise they liked Mouton enough over Campbell or Sensbaugh meaning they could have moved one of those guys outside and then had Verner play NB. The middle of the defense is what is killing us. Wouldn't be surprised if we see some changes by years end and I certainly don't see Mouton being here next year.

3. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

If I have to watch Akeem Ayers try to forearm shove another ballcarrier to the ground I think im going to lose my mind. I cant believe he is a linebacker.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Did anyone notice that griffin (i cant tackle a peewee) had a great tackle last night????

He tackled Reynaud during what would have been a great return. Go griff!! I can see now why they gave you the money.

• High Five High Five x 8
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yep, I thought Rojo was going to be a starting safety... but he sucks.
    Mouton had a decent Week 1 and Week 2, every since he's been getting burnt.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Rojo is like 3 years in and is practice squad status. Griffin is however long in and should just retire. Babs makes the average play once in a awhile.... Such a need for a safety

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Mouton isn't that bad, RoJo made the one terrible decision before the half. Griffin is still terrible, and the middle of our defense is horrendous! I would like to see more Campbell, at least he was always close enough to attempt a play on the ball.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Griffin made some good tackles last night, compared to most games this year, and played pretty good coverage. McCourty played decent too despite getting burnt on that one play.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

but you cant get fined for hitting your own players

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

i agree with this thread tho, these guys don't belong in the league

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar