Points to Ponder...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Wingman, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Ok. First let me say mariota had a bad game. No doubt. He
    now has as many into as he has TD. I had 3 qbs on my fantasy team. Carson Palmer, Ryan Fitzgerald. And mariota. Palmer had 4 picks, Fitz had 6 and mariota had 2. It was bad day for qbs even cam had 3 ints to Minnesota and a pick 6 sound familiar.Jameis now has 10 turnovers on the season. Brees threw a few last night I believe. It happens. The sky is not falling. Marcus will be fine but things have to change.

Point 1:
    This year no qb is better in the last 2 minutes of the game. He had a near perfect passer rating and would have a perfect passer rating if not for the borderline pass inter. On Johnson. Time to run no huddle

Point 2:
    Marcus has put the ball on the ground 2x and lost both. Jameis has put it on the ground 6 times and lost 2. Why can't we recover a fumble. I think we have lost every fumble this yr. I will try and verify that.

Point 3: the int to Matthews was a little behind his receiver in tight coverage, but Matthews had a better shot, but got out willed on the catch. Rough game for Marcus, but vets have to step up for their franchise player .

Point4: without walker we are screwed. I have watched the game 3 times. Absolutely no respect for our receivers. Mariota trying to drop into tiny windows. Fun fact- besides Marcus Delano's walker is our fastest 40 time. 4.48. Sad. We have to find a receiver who defenses respect. Maybe wright coming back can help. Maybe.

Point 5:
    Despite an off game. He still had us 1st and goal at 4 before lewans and the refs finished us off. Game is never over when Marcus on the field. Heartbroken but still love the Titans.

• High Five x 3
    • Cheers x 3
    • Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Unreadable x 1
  2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I just wanna get this out there

When mariota wins a Super Bowl, a conference title, a division title, 5 games, **** even when he stays healthy for 16 maybe he can be given a lil leeway.

So tired of all this "look Rodgers threw an Int he must suck cut him" sarcastacrap.

Didn't read the rest after you alluded to that nonsense.

Carry on

• LOL x 2
    • High Five x 1
    • WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target x 1
    • Unreadable x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Yes sir. Will do

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

The real fans know all of what you just pointed out. No one is cutting bait, just the whiny fans.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Things the Titans need; new head coach, new QB, new uniforms, new logo, and new ownership.

We're good outside of those things.

• LOL x 4
    • Bullsh*t x 2
    • High Five x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Troll x 1
  6. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

McNair had a lot of ugly games as well, which he over came at times with late game heroics. Mariota had 2 weeks in a row he played like crap, but put us back in the game at the end.

If not for llewan we would have probably tied the game and may have won it as well. We had the momentum and our defense shut them out in second half. Mariota would have pulled a McNair and we wouldn't be having these conversations.

7. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Agree" another example of a vet letting our young qb down. We would be 2 and 1 leading the division and mariota would be known as the comeback kid on every nfl network segment. One play, destroyed the day

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Good points, but let's be honest...we should have NEVER been reliant on that close of a game and be in that situation. Marcus and coaching lost that game for us...plain and simple.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Wingman

Wingman Starter

Agreed. But the table was set to steal it. Lewan a vet, has to be smarter. We are notbabgood enough team to offset those kind of mistakes. Especially when walker and wright are on the bench.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

MM had Sharpe at the 4. One pass and we are back where we started, albeit with less time. He was on the sideline, so could have stepped out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar