Possible Cap Casualties

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well the Titans will go into free agency with the 3rd most cap space in the NFL and look to be one of the more enticing landing spots for potential free agents. A team on the rise, no state income tax, a city with a high quality of living and did I mention all they money we have to spend.

Yet some teams are not as fortunate as us, and are heading towards some tough decisions this offseason. Lets take a look at some teams heading towards Cap Purgatory, and who we might be able to pilfer from them.

The Jets- With essentially no cap space available, Sheldon Richardson will need to go bye bye. In all likelyhood, the Jets will try to get anything they can for him at this point, and should be aware that first round compensation is unrealistic. They can free up $8 million in cap space by unloading him.

The Chiefs - Whats that you say? They will surely resign or franchise Eric Berry. How? They have no money. And what about Dontari Poe? Even if they cut Jamal Charles, they'll still have a lot of work to do to make space for even one of these guys.

The Texans - Franchise Bouye? Have you seen the contracts the Texans have on the books for 2017? They might have to decide between paying for yet another big name defensive player, or extending their only real offensive talent in Hopkins. My prediction is they give Hopkins the big contract and let Bouye walk.

The Vikings - Captain Munnerlyn, Cordarelle Patterson and Terrence Newman will all likely be gone. With AP and Bradford on the books, the Vikes just won't have the money to keep them. Munnerlyn and Patterson would certainly be worth a look at positions of need.

Giants - Victor Cruz will be out. He would fit nicely in the slot for the Titans and is the kind of high character locker room guy Robinson values.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

3. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

4066a88d5992984a21e4d29d0776b691bd3acb19035799a2a81c6b43444e2cdd.jpg

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Sheldon Richardson intrigues me although we don't really need him

My wish list

1. Eric Berry
    2. AJ Bouye
    3. Terrelle Pryor

Give me 1.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I like 1&2..Pass on Pryor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar