Pre-Game Thread Preseason Game 2: Rams @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Mett did play well. He just missed on the throws to Hunter. That was my only point. :D

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah, that was impressive. I like Coffman too. Dude has great hands so far.

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Got to watch the game last night and Damn did get me excited. Improvement across the board, both lines looked good, just hoping it wasn't a fluke. Especially the ol.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

PW1 we faced a good O-Line bad D-line and lost
    PW2 we faced a good D-line and bad O-Line and won

we need to see how we do vs all around good teams, so far everything has balanced out, but we need to get better, especially Schwenke, he's still looking bad.

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

It's preseason, don't worry about the outcome of the game ... consider the "wins/losses" for each positional group on the field.

So we should look at it like this:

PW1 we faced a good O-Line and the DL was able to stuff the run, not much pass rush.

PW1 we faced a bad DL, and our OL still got schooled

PW2 - We faced a good DL, and our OL looked good

PW2 - We faced a bad OL, and our DL dominated

I think for our OL, we saw an improvement in play, even against better competition. That is a really good sign.

For our DL, I think it is good that the Run D seems to be working against good and bad OLs ... the pass rushing we need to see more out of against better competition though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Must have been a fluke game for Sankey (according to majority of posters here).

I'll be laughing, especially at those who just a couple of months back stated they expected him to have a breakout campaign this year, but now just in the past few weeks have changed their tune to Sankey flat out being garbage.

Here's to hoping this OL keeps gelling :beerbang: and Sankey can keep slashing off nice gains. Said it before, but we have the backs we need with Cobb, Sankey and Andrews and I'll even throw in Fowler.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

F**** You, I'm jacked over this team right now.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

Sankey is good, end of story.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I want to see consistency before I say that...I do agree that the line has been doo doo which doesn't help, but he seriously looked like a different player this last game. He ran with an attitude and I loved it.

10. JCBRAVE

He always runs that way, difference is our guys are fighting for jobs and playing with a sense of urgency. Sankey is Sankey, but he's only as good as his OLine lets him be....

I would really enjoy seeing Sankey get the space to move around like Sunday night... Thats the Sankey I know and like...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar