Game Day Thread Preseason Game 3: Bears @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

i get what you're both saying, but he's a Corner, he should be fine covering guys in the slot or outside, why not throw him in the deep end? Getting abused is getting abused, inside or out. I like it, Adoree ain't scared and this will make him better. Better to get his feet wet now than week 4.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He's gonna take his lumps like anyone else thrown into that role early

Anyone who's watched this level of football would be thrilled to have Adoree, those doubting him are babies. Guys got all the tools you dream of in a CB

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Couldn't agree more, that's why i'm not concerned at all. You guys know me to voice my concerns lol, have I uttered 1 syllable about Adoree?

4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Adoore was a raw prospect. And we went with an raw prospect over anything. Besides Adoore could contribute more than just at a CB position. Rueben was a special talent but i believe this team went more versatile and higher ceiling with Adoore. If Adoore is a dominant special player this year, and subpar as an CB I'll still he satified with him this year. But he really has to show up in special teams.

5. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

Don't get me wrong. As a Titans fan, I obviously hope that Adoree' does turn out to be a stud. If there is one thing we can all agree on, it's that our D is in dire need of a good corner!

I'm sure I am overreacting somewhat. A lot of this has to do with knowing I didn't get one of the guys I really wanted (other than Davis) and that my team went in a different direction than what I thought they should have.

Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see if management made the right choice.

6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

I liked foster better at first but adoree will have a greater impact. His only issue is technique and that will improve on a weekly basis. His return skills can change games.

7. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

So on that one catch where he had perfect coverage but was too short to swat it away, what about that?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That was a great throw and catch. The other guys get paid too.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You guys can't really expect a rookie to be polished this soon. If he's having issues week 8 come file a complaint

But I feel that by that time everyone will be in love

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You have to take into account that taller CBs often lack the foot quickness to mirror WRs in man coverage to the extent that he did on that play. Just because they are long enough to make the play doesn't mean they are quick enough to be in that position in the first place.

It was a throw in which a 6'3 receiver had to extend completely while diving forward in order to make, and Jackson still nearly broke it up. You just have to accept the outcome whenever something like that happens.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar