"Prevent Defense"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JMB54, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

dont forget that stooler with the magic foot

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

**** you, prevent defense.

I can only imagine what this type of defense will do to my heart 40 years from now.

Almost cost us the game yet again... You can call it "logical" all you want, but it's not. You can play a softer defense, but we give up huge gains over the middle every time.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Titans don't care about what it does to your heart, they care about winning. and almost costing us the game means one thing, we won.

stop whining. Every team in the world, NFL, NCAA, Highschool runs the prevent defense. Why? because it worked, much like it worked today.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Morgan got good push on the 2 man rush against the Bills
    [​IMG]
    BA says "Titans are #1"

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm not saying we should stop because it kills my heart.

I'm saying we should stop because it's ****ing retarded.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

whatever you say dude....I'm sure you have a good reason to believe that, but I don't. It's statistically the best way to win football games, if you don't believe me take a look around, the titans aren't the only ones running it...

Whens the last time it failed us? If you don't like close games, don't watch football, but your questioning a defense that everyone who has any sort of profession in football runs.

7. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

It may be statistically the best way to win, but our personnel can't do it effectively and we have to hope the other team doesn't execute or makes a mistake. Just because it works more often than not around the league doesn't mean it'll work for us.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I dont think anyone is questioning the 'theory' of the prevent.

The Titans version definatly opens the discussion about the prevent though.

The 2 man rush, Morgan did well BTW, did work well against the Bills today though.

I hate watching it though. Is easier too swallow when defending against a TD instead of a FG though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The defense came up big. It took the Bills forever to score that TD.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yes the Titans kept the ball in front of them and that TD came on a fourth down.

Buffalo scrubbed like 5 mins getting that TD, but then again they were in no hurry till under 5 mins left for whatever reason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar