ProFootballFocus did a roster evaluation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LTF, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So the 49ers should've hired outside the organization because hiring outside is always a good thing, instead of hiring seifert internally who coached them to two Super Bowl wins?

As long as we are clear...

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Have you met Alex?

Yes. He will debate semantics for 3 days straight.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm clear. you're not. Re-read it until you understand what I've said. I'm not going to keep saying the same thing over and over. That's a waste of everybody's time.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Anyone want to talk about the article?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Niners were already a successful organization with an elite group of players... We were not and are not.

There's a huge difference.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I still say PFF sucks.

Created and run by a British guy who had not even attended an NFL game until age 42 and has no football experience whatsoever.

The whole site is run by Brits with no experience. If it was created by people working in NFL analytics or by former players/employees I would be more inclined to take them seriously. That's not to say they can't accurately grade some players and provide quality information for NFL fans. But they're not the end all be all.

Hardly different from the high schoolers who write on Bleacher Report.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I take a few issues with the rankings:

Name-----listed as-----real grade, IMO

Craig Stevens- listed as Average Starter- actually Below Average

D Morgan and McCourty- listed as good starters, should be listed as Average Starters

Taylor Thompson- listed as below avg.. actually a piss poor starter.

Roos- listed as high quality, in reality, An average to good starter.

Chance Warmack- listed as average, I don't even think he has earned the right to be called average.. I would give him an incomplete to below average thus far.

Sammie Hill-- Listed as average, actually well below average, to poor starter.

Ayers- Listed as good starter, actually average.

Marc Mariani- listed as incomplete, actually a poor starter at the WR position.

I DO agree that McCluster is an incomplete.. because he has never been given any good amount of touches as a RB. So far, he would be incomplete to below average starter.

And why do they even bother with longsnapper rankings? The world's best longsnapper is still a nobody, in the grand scheme of things.

The only person I would bump up is Nate Washington, from good to High Quality. He is a high quality receiver, considering the lousy QB he has had, from VY til now.

8. The Hammer

Think you are off on McCourty and Ayers. And while McCluster may not have gotten a lot of carries he has gotten a lot of receptions. Would classify him as good.

9. The Hammer

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I always said PFF knew their stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar