PS3 = Bought. 360 = Sold.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Finally bit, and went with the side I was with before the 2 released. I said I'd buy the 360 while waiting, and if PS3 gave me a reason to buy it, I would. However, it's more what the 360 doesn't do that made me switch.
    The freedom of the PS3 is what really won me over. Being able to put MY (i'm not just limited to 360's content) files wherever I want. The web browser. Why a company like Microsoft didnt include a web browser blows my mind, and it seems that by now they could have had one in an update. The cost. While I do hear the PS3 online is very laggy (scared about that), it's free. I'll probably like the 360's live better, but for cost vs performance, it'll probably balance out.
    I'm going to miss some games. Maybe Gears will pull some insane move and somehow cross platform for the sequel. (i know, it'll never happen) But I needed to make some money while spending some money because I'm getting a new tv as well.

But no more worries of the red ring of death. No more being scared to let my son play games on my system. No more fear that using the central heat and air will overheat the system. And I can open my windows without thinking the breeze will be too rough on it.
    So, Fanboys on both sides take note. You can be fair and analyze a system. Heck, I'd LOVE to have both, and that'd be perfect, but with the new tv purchase, I can't. There are a lot of pros and cons with both. If 360 could simply work out their hardware, they'd still be killing the competition.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

In a year and a half I have had to send my my 360 in for repairs two times. I am starting to think it was a mistake.

3. Deuce Wayne

I only had to send mine in once, but I was so paranoid after that. If you do decide to completely make the switch, selling the components on ebay individually is a pretty good option.
    I sold COD4, and Halo 3 for 40 bucks a piece. Not bad for games I was done with and used. Sucks I just bought the plantronics headset though. Only used it once before selling.

Again though, I'm going to miss it. My luck, they'll have a list of crazy exclusives tomorrow lol.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

from my experience, only madden is laggy on ps3 online. chances are that's EA's fault, not sony's. i mean, i've played with 18 people on COD4 with no problem.

5. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. From my understanding, the servers are hosted by the game developers. So, it should depend on the game itself. EA, not surprising probably is stingy with their servers while COD4 (infinity ward) probably has great servers because they care about their gamers.
    Hopefully that's the case at least.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You'll be happy with your purchase, Gloat. You really will.

Online isn't as bad as people say, especially as much as 360 fan-boys would have you believe. Madden is terrible, but you will soon know how much EA slaps Sony owners in the face. COD4, Resistance, MotorStorm, and Rainbow Six were all absolutely fine for me online. What you WILL miss is the amount of extras that Microsoft gives users of the online memberships. PSN is getting better, but it has a ways to go.

When you get settled, definitely send me a friend request. My PSN name is CharlieCA.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

gunny5

why did you end up selling the 360? Why not keep it?

I haven't had any issues with lag on any online game (granted I only played COD4 and Resistance)

And welcome to the dark side, muhahahahha

[​IMG]

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sony plans on bringing an achievement type system, essentially the same as Microsoft.

9. Deuce Wayne

I was going to keep it, but since I'm getting a new TV I had to make the sacrifice and get rid of the 360. Being poor but wanting things is a bad combination.
    I'll add you guys when it comes in. Should be here thursday.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Yeah but WHEN? Sony is so slow about releasing things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar