Radio Shack

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Brick and mortar is in a very weird place these days. I would have hoped that the one positive from the death of mom n pop would be less new buildings, less strip mall etc. Instead they keep building them - more and more and more and more..

Often they just sit there empty. Though and empty store is just as useful to me as the majority of the businesses that reside in them. Do we really need an olive oil store or store for twins' clothing under 12? I'd rather see a field with grass and trees personally.

Have you seen the list of businesses going into McEwen Place? Another bank, another fro-yo and yoga.
    Please kill me now.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

And that's exactly how urban slums are made. Instead of upkeep on existing buildings, we'd rather build all new ones and leave the old dilapidated. In 50 years, we'll be full of them.

The largest building in my city which a bank owned, abandoned it to build another gigantic building. The old one is all mildewy and looks pretty bad and outdated. Still some offices in there, but why they don't raze it is a mystery to me. At least in the developed parts of Europe, they keep their old structures in decent repair.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think I may have been in Radio Shack just once.

I view Guitar Center the same way. I will go in to get a feel for something or hear it, then go online and order it.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

That's exactly what happened to Circuit City, CompUSA, etc., and now it's happening to Best Buy as well. Those stores are/were just free showrooms for Amazon.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Exactly, I only use Best Buy to buy movies, anything else just gets a test drive.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Haven't been shopping for movies there in years. But their prices used to be outrageous. True story: I once saw Silence of the Lambs on Blu-ray there for 39.99. At that same time it was 9.99 on Amazon. :rolleyes:

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Haha

I have a pretty nice collection, now I tend to ummmm.....well pirate them but whatever. I will buy movies I know I will enjoy.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

DVDs that get bought tend to get watched once then collect dust. The only DVDs worth paying for are the tick cartoon series, married with children, and most Arnold Schwarzenegger movies.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

and aqua teen hunger force and squidbillies and tim and eric's awesome show great job.

and metalocalypse and frisky dingo and stroker and hoop.

shut your gd mouth scarecrow :swear:

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think I've only stepped into a Radio Shack once in my entire life... and it was when I was like 12 in the Opry Mills Mall.

Place sucks.

Same with Electronic Express. How the hell are those guys in business? I used to work at Circuit City in high school... no idea how they went under and Electronic Express didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar