Rational Re-build discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I would like to see a coaching change to a real hard-core balls out Defensive minded guy.

I also firmly believe if we're drafting in the top 12 next year, we're going after Cody, the DT from Alabama. We need a difference maker in the interior line, and he's as good and big as it gets. I don't see our QB fix coming in the 1st round.

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

we will use our first round pick for the best defensive player avaliable. it took us like 10 busted WRs to finally use a 1st round pick on one, when we desperately needed a WR all along.

3. amy

amy Starter

I agree that older people tend to live in the past, but I also know that it is a tendency which 98% of us will obtain before we die. I try really hard to stay up on things, although I must admit I can't seem to appreciate the current music. But I do know that young teachers, young coaches, and young presidents fire up things, whether you like what they do or not! But understand that we all tend to think that what we did when we were young was the best!

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You don't rebuild these days unless you're just a pure crap organization with no one worth keeping anyway.

Rebuilding is just a term used for teams that don't want to admit they suck, so they pretend there's a purpose behind it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We need a new defensive coordinator thats without a doubt.
    Head coach im still iffy on, I love Fisher to death but he's not producing wins. He might just get surprised like Shanahan did.

Look through the FA's in 2010 ther really isn't any good QBs (Jason Cambell and Kyle Orton are the best, n they r no better than KC).

DB wise - wow. There is many good CBs (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/db.html) I think we should get a cornerback in the FA and not in the draft.

Draft a LB 1st round, NO 2nd, QB 3rd Round, DE 4th Round. We should also consider moving Sen'Derrick Marks to DE. That way we have Jones, Brown, Haye, and Vickerson at DT.

3-4 would be nice... not so sure about our team running it though, we have 2 slow OLB in Bulluck and Thornton and 1 decent MLB. If we lose Bulluck then we're going to need some LB help, also Tulloch is a FA.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

DREAM DRAFT: 1st- Sean Witherspoon or Brandon Spikes, 3rd- Tony Pike, 3rd (comp.)-DE, 4th- CB, 5th- RB (LaGarett Blount) the one who punched that dude on Boise State, he's a power back and would be a great replacement for LenDale.

Cornerbacks- we have Mouton and McCourty too young guys that are getting early playing time... Cary Williams is young too. If we get a decent FA CB we'll be set. Finny, FA CB, Harper, Mouton, McCourty. LB and QB is what we need. GET VINCE IN THERE, if he does something we might not need an early QB

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We've already learned- with great pressure, you don't need great corners.

D line D line D line. Look at Minnesota. Winfield is all they've got in the secondary.

• High Five High Five x 4
  8. PBV

PBV Camp Fodder

It's the last year of Harper's contract, I doubt we re-sign him.

9. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Not bad thoughts but the Lagarrett Blount even for a 5th leads me to say "remember pacman" ugh. No way we get anymore gangbanger troublemaker punks in here.

10. djones51

djones51 Rookie

I agree with D-Line but how many D-lineman do you see make very much production their rookie year? May be smart to draft one in 1st round and maybe sign a good, veteran D-lineman to mentor the draft pick.

Need to figure something out about secondary, but i think that could also be a 2-3 year project.

I didnt think we would be worrying about rebuilding the defense this soon but thats why NFL stands for Not For Long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar