Ray Lewis?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vigsted, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus

maximus Starter

Bringing Ray Lewis would have its advantages and disadvantages. Ray would add attitude and leadership to the defense. Ray would undoubtably keep PacMan in line. However, Ray would give this team another thug to watch, his old, cap hit would be to high, and the cost to get him would be to high.

In the end, I dont believe that Fish, Reese and co will make a move for Ray Ray and I dont think they need to make the move either.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Ok. I felt like mentioning that before but I thought it wasn't relevant because he was not found guilty of that. My point is that I feel that Lewis brings a fire and intensity that our defense lacks. Would you rather have Kassel or Lewis?

Lewis has a downside, but I want Vince Young in the draft, not a 1st round LB... The Titans are horrible...I think that R.Lewis could help more than hurt.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

This is all true IMHO. I don't think they need to make a move like this, but if the price was right, which it appears not to be, I'd be for it. I guess it's just not going to happen anyhow, but if it did I wouldn't be up in arms over it.

I don't like to think of NFL players as thugs, but I don't blame anyone with that perception of Pacman and Ray.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wouldn't take Ray Lewis if he played for free.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I don't blame you. I once hated Lewis so much... Over the past few years he has won me over with his intesity and heart. Tell me Jeff, why do you dislike Ray so?

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'll admit it's mostly irrational on my part. I think he's the best since LT. It's probably more about how he's dominated the Titans than being involved in a murder.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I totally understand that. The WC win and this past season win has done much to ease the pain and erase the hatred from me. I've pretty much redirected all that onto Manning's Colts.

8. maximus

maximus Starter

By no means is every NFL player a thug, but with PacMan already giving Fisher enough trouble, the last thing we need is another player with a criminal background

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Relax Max. I know what you mean and I didn't mean what you are saying either. I don't want to open the thuglett debate again but criminal backround is fair, I guess, but Lewis wasn't ever convicted of anything...Steve McNair had the dui gun thing and Pacman Jones, as far as I know, has only been a secondary victum of violent crime. I'm just saying with Ray Lewis in the locker room...all-pro HOF, Super Bowl ring, and all that... I'm saying Ray would be a positive influence on Pacman, or whoever. I don't view Lewis like I would Randy Moss in regards to off field behavior. The worst part (the only bad thing I see) are cap concerns money :greedy: ... He might not be a good financial move for the team. I take it that is why SK is against it, so it makes sense enough to me to pass on what might otherwise be a great FA pickup. It's not a character issue to me by any means. I think Ray Lewis is a class guy. (I know that sounds hypocritical considering the type of players I hate on)

10. I don't care how much he costs (I'm with Jeff on not even if he's free), I don't want any murderers on my team...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar