Ray Lewis?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vigsted, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

So, would you like Ray Lewis if it was budget friendly? (which it's not)

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

It was a fight. Ray didn't try to help the murderers get away. He was mad that the police were making him a scapegoat. At one point the DA SAID that Ray had nothing to do with the murders, but he had information.

3. The Mrs

No, Ray needs to stay and finish his career in Baltimore. If he can't stay in Baltimore, he seriously should retire and become a full time correspondent on the NFL Network.

4. The Mrs

BiPolar, it's not Keith's place to reel in Pacman or any other player.

Now, stop talking about my Keithie!:irked:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

That makes no sense. If he can play, why shouldn't he? If Baltimore is screwing him and he's unhappy and he's got a few seasons left, why should he lay down? If these guys can play they want to play. It's a passion that lives inside them and it doesn't go away. Lewis can play and if he's angry with the Ravens then what better way to punish them then to hurt them the next year wearing a Titans uni. That's so poetic. Our defense plays like a bunch of wet blankets. Even our good defensive players get lost in the shuffle because there is nothing central and coheasive directing them. Ray Lewis is football smart and his whole mentality is infectious. There are not stats for that for that is an example of the type of intangible trait that R.Lewis brings. If Ray was such a horrible person he would have been in trouble again after all these years. For all you guys know there might be a Reggie White type persona living inside #52. It's not like any of you know him. I feel an aire of predjudice surrounding this topic because he was involved in a murder investigation. If you have a problem with Ray Lewis seems to me you have a problem with the judicial branch of the United States government. If he murdered someone he'd be in prision. This is Americ. If Floyd gives him a job, which he won't, I'll support Ray Lewis.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

That BS. He's a leader and a defensive signal caller and one of the few vets on the team...Plus he's done something in his career...That's what being a leader is all about. Put it this way, in the leadership department Kieth had an A- average before camp. As of today he has a C average. It is his role to keep his players in line. That's part of what a leader does aside from setting a good example off the field, being selfless and playing hard. He failed or begun to fail in more than one of those departments this year. He may of been opposed to Pacman attitude justly, but at the same time he dorked and lowered himself to a rookie dumb **** level and look what we've got... a damn rift. Leaders make teams and keep them coheasive...They don't facilitate or allow rifts to form.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Bipolar, I think that's a pretty big drop on Bulluck from this one season, I think he still holds a lot of respect in the locker room. (I'm a little biased, I really like him) He didn't handle Pac very well, but I think he's still a big part of the little locker room leadership that we have. (This is mostly to your earlier post, not so much to #56.)

As for Ray, I don't want a Raven, period. I'd struggle with taking Dmase or Samari back. That victory really made this season for me. I also think Ray would cost too much, and there are still a bunch of guys on the team that HATE the ravens, and he was THE raven for those years. Steve and Ray on the same team? That's a leadership struggle.

As for the jury finding him not guilty meaning something, that's giving a lot of credit to juries. The more educated you are, the more likely you are to get struck from a jury, from either side. Both sides want people they can manipulate. I have no opinion on the actual facts with Ray Lewis, and that doesn't really factor into my evaluation of him (though it might if I didn't already not want him).

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It was a fight that ended with a murder. Ray saw what happened, but would not tell investigators when asked (i.e. helping the murderer to escape justice) and he hindered the investigation because of it.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

His case never went to a jury, and he was never "found not guilty". His lawyers pleaded him down to a lesser charge in return for his testimony against his two mates who actually weilded the knife. Happens all the time.

Everyone here seemed happy enough to taint Pacman as the second coming of the Devil just because he was smoking weed and ripped a guy's shirt, but now we have people defending Ray Lewis when some way or another he was involved in the murder of someone. And he plays for the Ravens. Go figure.....

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Jones didn't smoke weed, the people with him were. He never has failed a drug test.
    You can't compare Jones with Lewis. There are legitimate issues to be wary of both, but not comparable ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar