RBs dont make good RBs, OLs make good RBs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'm serious.

The Mike Shanahan Broncos proved you can put your average pizza guy behind a dominant o-line and get 1000 yards from him. It's being proven again this season.

Look at the Raiders, Darren McFadden is having a dominant season and he goes down and Micahel Bush comes in and continues to dominate like he was the best kept secret in the league. Your gonna expect me to believe a guy like Chris Ogbannaya of the Browns could come to Tennessee and be productive? No chance.

Detroit has the same story, Javhid Best is having a good season, he goes down and the third string runningback Kevin Smith steps in and he looks like a pro bowler out there.

My point is, the runningback position in the NFL is a DIME A DOZEN. You can find a serviceable one anywhere you look. I would bet anything and everything that if guys like Kevin Smith, Michael Bush, Chris Ogbannaya, or Ben Tate came and played for Tennessee they wouldn't be putting up anywhere near 4.0 yards per carry. And for some of you to suggest Chris Johnson is done when he's running behind this joke of an offensive line is ridiculous. Give CJ the monster truck size holes Demarco Murray and Lesean McCoy are getting and he'd be atop the league rushing as well.

We never should have paid a runningback that much money, especially when the offensive line makes the back, not the other way around.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I think you pay running backs for their potential behind a great line.

There are very few RBs I'd want behind a great o-line than a guy who runs a 4.24 40 and knows how to use it (based on the seasons he had behind good OLs).

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJsideways knows nothing

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree with your basic premise. There are however a few backs in the league every year who are a cut above everybody else and CJ was one of those guys.

Now CJ is basically average.

Since the 2000 yard season he does seem to be regressing.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I fully believe there are 14 or 15 other runningbacks in the league right now who could have gotten 2000 yards behind that o line..

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

especially with fishface forcefeeding the ball too them

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

SEEMS to be?!?!? :?:

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

hes gonna be wearing diapers by 2013

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You could also call it the Gary Kubiak broncos/texans system: Foster/Tate/Slaton.... reason why those guys do well for the Tejas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar