Reading the coverage: Local columnist edition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky
    Greetings from scenic Houston Hobby Airport...
    I'm not too far off from boarding, so I thought I'd attempt a quick, scaled down version of "Reading the coverage." Let's call it a "Paper-of-record columnist edition."
    Hope to do a mailbag tomorrow, but that all depends on you filling it up.
    Houston Texans
    Richard Justice: "This week was supposed to be a new start to the season. Four consecutive home games. A chance to make something of this season. Instead, they walked off the field with a defeat that ought to rattle the organization from the top of the masthead to the bottom."
    Indianapolis Colts
    Bob Kravitz: Some teams talk about playing 60 minutes, and it's just a fiction they tell themselves to keep from getting embarrassed during Monday's film session. The Colts talk about playing 60 minutes, and they know -- they just know -- they can create magic out of a lost cause.
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Gene Frenette: "Again, as was the case in their four previous games, the Jaguars collapsed because they failed to put the opposing quarterback on the ground."
    Tennessee Titans
    David Climer: "How can you commit 10 penalties, turn it over twice, get into skirmishes with foe and friend alike, and treat the end zone like it's off-limits most of the day - and still win?"

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar