Report: Titans about to walk on Finny

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Feb 22, 2012.

1. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

2. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

News Flash: Cortland Finnegan isn't worth $10 million a year. Can anyone justify that kind of number for a guy who has created four turnovers in the last two years and is a much better zone player than man? You can't.
    • High Five High Five x 10
  3. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

4. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

I really want finny back. I love him as a player but his price is out of this world. his 10mill is better spent elsewhere.
  5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I say, tag and trade. Or threaten to trade to a bad team. Unless he signs a more favorable contract. The Titans can afford to settle for a 2nd or 3rd plus late round pick compensation for Finnegan. It would give the Titans the ability to buy time to negotiate with Finnegan while getting some free leverage in using the tag, and allow them to have a hand in the player's fate.

In short, Cortland and his agent should be more willing to negotiate. As well, the Titans are free to remove the tag should a contract either with them or another team not be worked out. I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up. This way, if the Titans do go after a cornerback, they have an extra pick to do it. Or can sign a cheaper FA.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Could there be a more misleading headline?
    • High Five High Five x 4
  7. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Ha, AGREED.
  8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This isn't really news. This is from Monday. The two sides only just started negotiating. This is purely a negotiating tactic by his agent.

The Titans may very well decide to walk away in this case, but it's still far too early to predict what will happen. The two sides have a lot more talking to do and there's absolutely no chance the Titans just walk without giving Finnegan their best offer. That hasn't happened yet, so it isn't time to panic.
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

This thread sucks.
    • High Five High Five x 3
  10. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

lol ouch harsh crowds out there ... sorry i dont post "thread # 46 of who the titans should sign in free agency" knowing full well they wont sign any of the top tier talent