Revis Available?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

It would be nice to aquire him through a trade for Griffin and a later pick.. Verner also knows his place is in the slot so we can definitely pay him better than we do now but it wouldn't be starter money. **** throw in Babs too. I would be more than happy to start completely fresh at safety.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hmm interesting. It would give NY a good QB they so badly need and a player on the rise. Revis is good but his best days are behind him. Maybe they would do that. I like Verner tho, but hes only a 2nd CB.

3. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

LMFAO at all the people on here who Revis isn't a top 3 corner. I have been lurking on here long enough to know that DW is an idiot who says stupid stuff for attention. Although his best days are behind he still locks guys down like no other.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Anyone see the tweet that PK retweeted on his ESPN account?

Some Titan have asked him if we could trade Locker for Revis.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :disbelief: ..we'd be totally overpaying

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

You might be able to convince them to take that deal............. if you use the force to jedi mind trick them

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

No way they would do that trade. Hasselbeck is a fossil and a 1 year stopgap starter, at best. And Griffin might possibly be the worst starting safety in the league. Then you have to take his cap hit into consideration. Most teams probably wouldn't even want him if we gave him away due to his contract.

This isn't Madden where you can bundle a few bums and a pick and get one of the top players in the league. I think the Jets are going to want multiple high picks or something like a 1st and another high caliber player. Verner's good. But IMO not good enough to make that offer tempting.

Also, I don't see any way another team doesn't offer them a better deal than that. I still think he ends up staying with the Jets though.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'd say the Jets have enough underperforming, project QBs already on their roster.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly what I thought. No thanks.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Some of the guys people always want to throw in these trades are always guys with zero value. Hass has no trade value. Babs certainly doesn't since he is at best STs quality.

Also, teams put out feelers all the time when they have a high priced guy entering the last year of his contract. Since the guy is coming off an ACL it even makes mroe sense. Not that any thought for a second that even the slightest loss of agility, movement or speed could make a huge difference in how good Revis still is. Even if he comes back 100% the Jets avoid letting him walk for nothing and the risk he won't by suckering some team out of prime picks for the guy and of course then that team also has to give up mega bucks to sign him. Then we have the old trade and sign idea. So now we trade quality picks for a guy AND sign him to a huge deal when we haven't seen what his level of play post injury is. In reality the best thing to do is to save our picks, wait a year and then if Revis is on the FA market, after proving his worth on the field this year, sign him if you love him that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar