Rodney Harrison: Pot, this is Kettle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sunshine, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

from today's Boston Globe:

Hard-hitting encouragement
    Harrison vows return to Patriots
    By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff | January 26, 2007

. . . "Even if it was a legal hit, he intentionally went at my knees," said Harrison, who was playing in his second game after returning from a fractured scapula that sidelined him for six contests. "He intentionally tried to hit me, going at my knees. I was nowhere near the ball, and until that's done to you, you don't really realize the significance of it. It's unfortunate he would take a shot like that."

At the time, linebacker Tedy Bruschi and other Patriots players didn't like the reaction from the Titans' sideline. Harrison is still upset, although not surprised. That's a very classless group of guys, starting with Kevin Mawae, who is definitely one of the dirtiest players I've ever dealt with. I remember when he took Richard Seymour out," Harrison said. "He intentionally tries to hurt people. A guy with that much talent, it's terrible that he has to do things like that, and it rubs off on other guys. It's disappointing because I don't think [coach Jeff] Fisher encourages that. I've played Tennessee before and it wasn't like that." . . .

full story . . .

That last sentence directly contradicts what they said just after the game -- that Fisher gave some sign of encouragement (a wink or a grin?) when it happened. And what did Mawae have to do with it? I guess since they're no longer playing, he has nothing better to do.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Bellichek has nothing else to talk about since he blew that game and cried like a baby, so hes tryng to get others a bad name to take the classless look off him

3. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

man what an idiot, yeah i was only right next to the play and i got hurt on a legal hit but thats not fair now because our team is filled with a bunch of Liars and cheaters, like Tom Brady. Man that makes me mad!!!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Someone put a pacifier in his mouth. :gag:

6. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

Somebody ought to call Trent Green and ask HIM if he thought Bobby's play was legal...
    Screw Rodney the Turd. I dare him to call Kevin classless to his face.

Mawae has only been here one year but his charecter and play on the field speak for themselves, no need for me to defend Kevin Mawae.

If he wants to call Albert or Pac classless that's another matter, but Kevin Mawae? I agree with Bobo on this one, Rodney needs a fooler.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Kevin Mawae came in at 9th place in the list of dirtiest players in the NFL, he had 3% of the votes compared to Harrison who won by a landslide 26% (closest were Porter and Runyan with 6% each).

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'll never forget how nasty the Pats became after Harrison's injury.

Brewski & Brady were going nuts over how dirty Wade was. I hope we take Samuel off them in a little while & give them something to really cry about.

9. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I found Mawae's response on another board. I like the double entendre of the last sentence.

"Rodney Harrison 01/26/07 Interesting thing I saw on the web today...I have a tendacy to google my name from time to time (doesn't everybody?) and my name comes up in an article in the Boston newspaper. It seems that Rodney Harrison can't get over the fact that he got hurt in an NFL game...imagine that an injury occuring to a player who plays in this game. He cries about dirty players and techniques, naming me among the main guys...note to Rodney...I didn't hit you! Anyways, it's a shame that 4 weeks after a game his team won, all he can do is point fingers at someone else...Here's an idea, how about figuring out how you lost to the Colts! Oh by the way, I think Rodney has lost count of the number of personal foul penalties he has had over the years...me? 2 maybe 3 in my whole career....that's less than he gets in one season alone. Fines? He's gotten enough to pay for a small island in the Carribean...me? Twice in 13 years. Let's look at the real issue here...it's an attempt to deflect attention from himself and put it on someone else, after all isn't that the Patriot way? I wish Rodney the best in his recovery...he's a competitor and I'm sure we will see him up to his same old tactics next year."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar