Rookie LB Avery Williamson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 19, 2014.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

http://www.titansonline.com/media-c...ring_NFL/17518ebe-6f89-4381-b910-f3d230d444c4

Apparently Avery Williamson is a Titans fan. But I am suspect to this claim because his college bio says "When I played football as a kid, I pretended I was myself because I rarely watched football".

Its pretty rare you end up playing for the team you grew up cheering for, but way to go Avery! :banjump:

Now that I have a reason to root Avery on, Im wondering what are some realistic expectations to put on the kid...

Coming into the draft process I only knew Williamson from so called "expert rankings" and seeing his combine, I didn't watch much of Kentucky last year. I do however remember his college team playing at LP Field last summer which I did see some of, but I dont remember him standing out much.

So how do you guys view Avery Williamson as a player, did we get a guy you wanted, and can he be a key piece to the puzzle?

ILB is still unsorted out at this time so his chances to make an impact early are there.
  2. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Looked like a solid ILB when I watched him. Took on the blocks and routinely attacked the LOS/RB.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

Yea thats what Im seeing now that Im putting in some time to learn about the guy. He roams around the inside well..
  4. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

He's the kind of ILB we needed. We desperately needed a thumper inside. Hopefully he can play at the NFL level, because schematically it's a match.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I posted this already. On his draft thread :anon:
  6. JCBRAVE

Watching Bridgewater a lot I know he was able to run away from Avery Williamson early in a game once, I somewhat question Williamson's speed, that 4.6 combine time will never translate on the field I dont think. But we shall see.
  7. JCBRAVE

It was lost in the shuffle.
  8. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

I think this guy gets a lot of pt especially late in the season. Very good pick imo, I like all of our d picks this.year
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I think he becomes a good depth player and ST guy.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

He will be great depth and fresh legs for those in front of him. Can't ask for much more from a 5th rounder, but maybe he shocks us all and ends up starting! It's not like he doesn't have beatable players in front of him.
    • High Five High Five x 1