Rooting Against The Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

The theme of this forum for the 2012 Titans season is 90% how bad the coordinators are. We all know this staff is clearly below average, inexperienced in some-levels and overall needs to be gutted.

HC Mike Munchak needs to go back to coaching the O-line, something he seems more comfortable at.

OC Palmer is an older, journey-man type of coordinator. Titans have been lacking a "young, mastermind type of OC coordinator for quite some-time - actually ever.

DC Gray has failed at every phase this year and much like Munch, he should probably go back to what he has more experience in, JUST coaching the defensive-backs instead of overlooking the entire defense.

Clearly, we are all Titan fans and are tired of the losing - and not just the losing but the way they lose. It's boarder-line embarrassing; this past week vs Chicago was the most embarrassing loss since the "Slaughter in the Snow" match @ New England.

With all that being said, I am not rooting against the team but instead of everyone losing their minds, I think we should almost start to look toward 2013 with the hopes this team fails this year, gets a high draft pick and re-tolls most if not all of their entire coaching staff, fresh.

Think about it, we all HATE the staff from top to the bottom. We don't really want them to succeed at this point, as bad as that sounds. If the team somehow starts to turn around, there's ALWAYS the chance that Bud won't be as harsh on them as he would if the Titans basically lose out.

Every blow out game can only mean one step closer this staff is gutted from top to bottom, right? But every win comes to the notion that Bud may give Munchak the "Fisher" leverage and next thing you know Much is the Titans HC until 2018!

The Philadelphia Eagles fired their DC already before mid-season who was not nearly as pathetic as our DC Gray has looked - yet Gray is still standing? I know he's only been the DC for a short-period of time but I am afraid that every win the Titans get - they are one step closer to retaining this staff for another year!?

So do we root "AGAINST" this team? Or still hope for a turn-around and a positive finish heading into the 2013 season?

2. JerseyTitan

JerseyTitan Rookie

tldr

we're winning the super bowl

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

TitanJeff has been accepting fan cards all week. Please turn yours in.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Never root against your team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Tank

Tank Guest

That's how all titan fans should think but you'll still have someone say I'm just being a realist and them being a realist makes them more intelligent than everyone else

6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

I've been a fan since 1995, i've just never seen an coaching staff so bad and poorly constructed that if by the Titans winning a few more cheap games means they get to save their jobs than I am torn. Turn in my fan card? Well then if that's what it takes but if they go on a run this year and the coaching staff is all retained or better yet extended, then I don't want to see anymore "our coaching staff SUCKS" threads because we will be stuck with them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Uh-oh....

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Uh-oh what? I'm not scared of what some of these others are going to say. They are the same ones who will compalin and b---- after the Titans lay an egg tomorrow. It's a free country - we all can vent, I am just choosing to vent now before there are 92 posts at 12:04 pm Sunday about how BAD the Titans are and how they cant tackle or coach - we all know its coming. So save your uh-ohs for tomorrow. (there will be ample opportunities for ya'll).

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Instilling a losing culture doesn't improve anything. Ask the Browns.

10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Yeah that's true. But at least they can grab top 5 picks every year. NOT saying that has worked out well - but how is finishing 8-8 nearly every year always being in the middle of the pack, not normally great and not normally awful. Always a mid-level team who does just enough not to get a high draft pick (Luck for example) and does just as little to not make or go deep into the playoffs - same old story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar