Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Rotoworld's Evan Silva ranks the Titans as the NFL's worst roster

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Apr 30, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 12 users.
  1. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $5,434
    LOL WHAAAT

I MIght just join twitter just to smack talk these idiots with you folk
  2. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,781
    You have gotitans, you dont need paul k
    charlzcrush high fives this.
  3. Carp Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $38
    As long as the Raiders, Jags, Vikings, and Browns are around, you can just about guarantee the Titans won't be the worst team in the league. We have an easy schedule (as of now) which should help get us some extra wins as well. If Locker stays healthy/plays well, I think we win 9-10 games. If he gets hurt/plays poorly, I think we win 5-6 games.
  4. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,572
    Look at our roster.

From all outside appearances, we are one of the worst. Outside of JC, who would anyone else outside of the state of TN know? And most people wouldnt know JC.

Not saying we are the worst, but its easy to see why someone on the outside would think so.
  5. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $74

eh, we have one of the smallest fan bases in the NFL, thats not really saying anything.

Thing is, Evan Silva isn't on the outside looking in. His job is to know teams, this is one of those cases where his opinion is just wrong.
  6. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,274
    LOL how did you manage that one?
  7. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,572
    I remember back when I used to post roster analysis going into a season, and who much its changed since then.

"Kearse" "McNair" "Bishop" "Bulluck" "Mason" "Carter"... ect ect ect. That was actually quite a list back then.

Now if you had to post a list of Titans who are pretty much locks to play well and where we dont need an upgrade, can you let any position slide? Most of our roster is question marks right now.

CJ was the only star this team had, and he was living off of past production. Thats not to say some of our guys cant step up and become stars, especially Wright and JC. However our roster is not an impressive one. Its just been so long since we had a really good roster that we have forgotten what its like to look at a position and say "we are fine there, we dont need an upgrade"

I feel we are a lot better off than teams like the Jags and a few more. Were definitely not the worst, but theres not a lot to be excited about, other than the changes.
    Dman high fives this.
  8. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $74

I'm not saying we have any star power, because it is obvious we do not. But the Jags are an absolute mess right now. They have Shorts and Posluszny, and the only reason I know them is because we are in their division. Jags are a dumpster fire.
    Alzarius high fives this.
  9. UrbanLegend3 Starter

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $10,977
    We take shots at the Jags etc but I bet if we visited their boards they talk about their guys with "potential" the same exact way we do about ours. The point is there a very few "slam dunk guys" on our roster. Our own fan base is split on guys like Locker, Brown, Ayers, Morgan, and Warmack just to name a few (believe me there's more). You know what the worst part is? Take a look at that list and count the number of first round picks in it. This isn't even including guys like CJ and Britt who are now gone for better or worse (both former first rounders).

Good teams and teams perceived by others to be good don't have this much uncertainty on their roster. Hell our own fan base admits that this season will either be great or a huge clusterf*ck, why should we expect outsiders to give us the benefit of the doubt?
    Dman and Alzarius high five this.
  10. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,781
    No one is split about Warmack, everyone agrees 10 was a reach, but he's got the goods to eventually justify the pick, so for now we look past his flaws.

As for having no slam dunk players, we have Kendall Wright and Jurrell Casey, they're about as good at their jobs as youll find, problem is; we only have 2 top notch players, we need about 10, we do have some work to do, but luckily we have direction now with Whiz.