Run N Shoot The Moon: An Oilers Tecmo Super Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by BigHerm, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigHerm

BigHerm wooooooooo wooooooooo

A) Madden's name isnt on it

B) Madden should be much more ashamed of the online cheesefest with rocketcatches and nanoglitches that his game has become

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Tecmo Bowl >> Madden 09

Believe that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

4. BigHerm

Bo Knows Beatdown

Houston--(AP)

[​IMG]

It was a dreary day in Houston as the high powered Oakland Raiders rolled into town. The first handoff to Bo went for 21 yards. Whether it was Marcus Allen or Bo Jackson carrying the load the Raiders looked unstoppable. If not for an interception and two fumbles the Oilers may have been laughed off of the field. The two Oakland backs combined for over 300 rushing yards. Houston's offense can score, but the head coach and defensive coordinators jobs will be in jeopardy if they cant right the wrongs of last season's porous defense.

This is definitely a pass first offense but after going down 24-3 so quickly following a punt and two fumbles the running game had no chance. Oakland stuffed Lorenzo White at the line all day. Haywood Jeffires had this to say "Warren and the receivers are doing our jobs out here, we're making plays man. A one legged man will never be kickball champ know what I mean? Bo and Marcus are great backs but we made them look like the second coming of Jim Brown." It appears early in the season the star receiver is already taking shots at the running game and the teams charmin soft defense.

[​IMG]

5. BigHerm

Week 2 Preview

[​IMG]
    (1-0)

VS

[​IMG]
    (0-1)

The Oilers travel north to the home of Skyline Chili to take on the Bengals. These two teams played 3 times last year with Cincy winning the rubber match in the playoffs. This divisional matchup should be tough as Houston has to face another high powered offense. Boomer Esiason, Ickey Woods, and Tony McGee make up quite the trio. Cris Dishman will draw the tough assignment of McGee this game. Is the third year pro up for the competition? After a good week of practice the Oilers feel confident about this game. Coach Pardee said to expect some changes in the offensive plan this week, playbooks will be shaken up.

Player to Watch

[​IMG]

6. BigHerm

Givins them the business!

Cincinnati,Ohio --(AP)

A sunny day in Ohio would see the bloom of the Oilers rushing attack. Unlikely carrier Ernest Givins becomes the star today from his slot position. Rarely does a WR lead a NFL team in rushing for a game but Ernest isnt your average player. Some say he has a Napoleonic complex as the diminutive 5'9" receiver likes to catch the ball over the middle. Coach Pardee asked if Givins could get involved in the run game to free up Haywood and Drew for the deep balls. Guess what? Givins actually helped himself out as the quick pitches he took after he motioned from the slot opened up deep routes for him later in the game. Ernest Givins went from no production against the Raiders to leading his team in receiving and rushing yards versus the Bengals. It seems a new breakout offensive player is emerging and veteran Drew Hill could see his role drastically reduced. Here's what Hill had to say "I know im 36 and not as fast as I once was. I still have the height advantage though and hope that Warren still looks for me on the jump balls. You have to give it up for Ernie, he played a hell of a game."

Boomer Esiason just couldnt get into a rhythm today against a ferocious Houston blitz package. Sack after sack had him shaking his head in the first half. The second half saw some mild Bengals success through the air. Brash young CB Cris Dishman shut down veteran Tony McGee today. McGee was held without a catch and was seen throwing his helmet on the sidelines. Ickey Woods was equally as frustrated with zero rushing yards. James Brooks was the lone bright spot for the hometown offense today but it just wasn't enough to get it done. The Bengals fell to 1-1 with a 21-20 loss to the Oilers.

[​IMG]

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

My personal favorite game, ever.

I would always be the New York Giants. Dave, Ottis, Ingram, Bavaro, and good 'ol Phil. Not to mention LT. I was unstoppable in that game.

I remember actually going about 5 games in a row against real people and finishing at a total of almost 450-10 in total scoring.

Good times, good times...

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Bo Jackson is a zig zaggin' nightmare...

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Personally, I liked Hitting Power... I liked Christian Okoye. Get him to Good or Excellent and he can NOT be tackled. Just run right through the opposing defense. No zig-zagging necessary!

That's another reason why I liked using the Giants... Ottis Anderson was almost the NFC equivalent to Okoye in the AFC. Good condition and his Hitting Power was very high... Excellent condition and his Hitting Power was 100.

I wish they'd put this game on the Wii's Virtual Console.

10. BigHerm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar