Rusty must GO...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 29, 2013.

1. BCTitans

BCTitans Rookie

Yea I wouldn't be so sure that we will cut Rusty. I think he needs to prove he is progressing and not get comfortable, but he's been a pretty solid 3rd QB.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Well TJ Yates made it work about as well as it could for a 3rd guy
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

He could kill 2 Titan fans with one interception is what he can do.
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Jesus can walk on water, but Rusty Smith can swim through land.
  5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Now that you mention it why hasn't any QB needy team made a move to acquire TJ Yates? He's really young and showed some promise in key spots.
  6. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I always thought that Rusty deserved a fair shot. I listened to his only start on the radio on the road a few years back and it didn't sound like he had much help from his receivers. Did anyone watch Rusty's only start? Did everyone have a bunch of drops or did Rusty just get completely overwhelmed? I guess the FO didn't feel that he was a capable backup or starter in the league when they pulled the trigger on Fitz.
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

It's so simple
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I watched it, and honestly while it was brutal stat-wise, in live action he didn't look that horrendous.
  9. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

Rusty Smith on facebook "oooh yea fans... I have a 5 page thread dedicated to me on gotitans.com. Im getting there!!!"
  10. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

I disagree

The guy flat out sucked. Not to say he didnt improve over time, but if Smith was our starter going into this next season, I would go into the season thinking "at least we get a top 3 pick out of it next year"

In his defense, the gameplan that day was one of the stupidest I have ever seen any professional OC call.