Saban's red flag...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What was with Saban and his his "I'm not sure what I wanna do here" coach's challenge last night? An NFL head coach needs to make that decision on a dime..
    Up to that point they were still in the game but it was all downhill after that..

2. fairwin

fairwin stop hitting yourself

He probably sucks at jarts

3. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Yeah, I don't know what happened there.

Poor coaching and stupid mistakes on defense doomed the Dolphins in that game - there's no way the Steelers offense should have scored 21 points against the Dolphins defense with Batch as the QB.

4. I heard this morning on ESPN that he was waiting for the replay to happen on the big screen and it never came. I believe he was waiting on someone watching the replay on t.v to tell him to challenge it or not and by the time he got the word the Steelers was ready to kick the FG. Does anybody think they should bring back the buzzer?

5. Louisiana Titan

Louisiana Titan Camp Fodder

brink back the buzzer!

or

Tie the red flag to a brick and allow the coach to throw the brick at the refs- that should get their attention!

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I thought the buzzer was still in use? Anyways, I didn't see the play, but how could Saban not get a hold of the sideline judge?

7. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

The buzzer was deemed useless, as it was proven to be too unreliable. It was voted out this past offseason. It was voted in that you could run up or down the sideline, or even onto the field to throw the red hanky.

Credit Saban for NOT knowing the rule.

I would have run onto the field, wound up, and stepped into a heave, aiming at the zebra's noggin.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Regardless, they would have scored anyway.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Give the "reviewing" team until just prior to kicking off to review the play.

Everything happens faster during an attempted PAT. And, it seems you don't have the same amount of time to review a (much more important) play.

Just a thought.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

No way. Thats part of the strategy of the game. A lot of times after a questionable call you see the other team hurry to get the next play off so it cant be reviewed. You gotta move quick if you want to challenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar