Seahawks open to trade Sherman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Talk about rebuilding the back 7....trade for Sherman moving from #5 to #26 and giving up a 3rd. Then at 18 and #26 draft best available Lb (foster, Reddick, Davis) and best available CB (king, White, Conley, Jackson)

Ryan and Sherman man the outside while the 1st rnd rookie is our NB for the next 2 yrs before moving outside once Sherman's contract is up.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Give up the 5 pick and a 3rd for 26 and Sherman! No way would I do that, I'd give a 3rd for Sherman lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I just heard Sherman to Tennessee a done deal.

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. 615nick

615nick Starter

Sherman is not worth more than a 3rd on this team. If we are trading from 5 to 26, they'd have to give us picks and they won't. I'd do 18 to 26, but id want at least a 5th with sherman. I just don't think this deal gets done.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What do you mean "on this team" he is only worth a 3rd??? Are you suggesting he would mean more to another team??? Remember we had arguably the worst CB play in the league last yr. Sherman might not have had his best yr last yr, but he was still one of the top CBs in the league.

The Seahawks aren't going to give him away.

We know that Robinson wants to be able to move from the #5 spot because the value is just not there for the pick. I'm sure he would rather just move down to around 12, but if that isn't possible I could see him making a move like I suggested.

I sure wouldn't complain having Ryan and Sherman as our starters and still having 2 first rnd picks.

He rebuilt the oline in a yr and he could do the same for the secondary

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

This reminds me of the Philip Rivers rumours, trading the #2 for him.

I don't think Sherman is worth more than a 3rd. To trade the 5th overall and a 3rd is way too much. I'd rather have a rookie.
    @Titans2004
    Maybe what @615nick meant by worth a 3rd on this team is that we are not a contender, on a team like NE he could be worth a 1 or 2.

#156 Ontario Titan, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  7. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Sherman is a cover 3 only player he is average at man-to-man he will struggle in a pressure zone system like ours.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Tune the defense for him, LeBeau will set him up for success. Say what you want but Sherman is easily a Top-7 corner.

As for compensation, I think a 18 for 26 swap is a good start. Package that with a late rd or future pick. In a different deal trade #5 down, recoup a 2nd, & gain a future pick or 2.

Sherman-Logan-Reed-Sims-McCain + Rookie is a light-years better than any CB group we've had since probably prime Cortland & McCourty.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Source

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

A guy who knows a guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar