Second civil suit for Pacman

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted..

How in the hell can we determine if he was guilty of the crime? Have you personally talked to every witness? Seen all the reports? Even after the trial if there is one we probably won't know.

I'm not bashing pacman's unethical actions just because they are unethical but because they caused people to get hurt.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

You're saying you're not going to jump to conclusions, but you WILL say he's guilty of coercion. :rolleyes:

I'm just saying there's a very good chance he's innocent and guilty. first glance says he's guilty, second says "eh.. i dunno."

Just because a bunch of black guys walk into a strip club together doesn't mean they're all planning to shoot up the place. and nobody has real proof that he did or didn't other than grainy inaccurate video where everyone is a shadow.

So that leaves witnesses. a bouncer who, in one instance, was said to have taunted Pac and his crew. but from his mouth, he's a victim of crazy black people. I doubt he'd ADMIT he told pac he'd break his legs (which an employee of the men's club says happened.) and they shot him after it got confrontational. A lady who lives a gunshot to the head only to sue the only black guy she remembers from the bar.

When you walk into a bar, are you going to expect a nice family place when you've heard otherwise? If you know bad things happen there, then don't go there! that's simple. Most likely, this lady who should be thanking her lucky stars she isn't dead from being somewhere surrounded by unsavory characters expecting a friendly environment, is suing someone who she BELIEVES shot her. wow.

a lot of certainty in all the cases.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

How in the hell can YOU determine if he was guilty of the crime? Have YOU personally talked to every witness? Seen all the reports? Even after the trial if there is one YOU probably won't know.

Yet you've already decided that Pacman caused these people to get hurt, never mind the possibility that Pacman was trying to stop his girlfriends from fighting the strippers when the bouncers entered the fray and he then proceeded to protect his girlfriends from the bouncers. In your mind no matter how events unfolded inside the nightclub, it's all Pacman's fault that someone got shot outside the club...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Here come the lies..

I did NOT say he was guilty of coercion. Show me the post where i said that. Your whole post was wasted on a premise that is not true.

What does the color of the various people involved in this have to do with anything?

And the lady didn't just sue the "black guy" she sued everyone involved including the bar.

I know you have not been posting here long but everytime i see one of your posts the alert light goes on that i'm about to read something ignorant..

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted...

I didn't determine that try reading my god damn post!

This the first damn sentence of a post i just wrote.

"What i said is that i don't have the evidence the determine if he is guilty or not of a particular crime "

I am firmly of the opinion that pacman either started or at the very least escalated the altercation but is he specifically guilty of coercion as stated by nevada law? I don't know. But because i'm under the belief that he probably did start the fight and made it worse that he is at least indirectly responsible for what ultimately happened.

You might also reread the title of this thread. This thread is about a law suit not a criminal prosecution. I guess you forgot that..

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Well, I definitely believe Pacman is responsible for the ugly tone this thread has taken...

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

But that is your personal opinion. It's no more right or wrong than, say Riverman's. But at least we can now agree that there's no evidence that directly makes Pacman responsible for the shooting (or at the least any more responsible than anyone else involved)?

Well I'm pretty sure you still have to establish factual guilt beyond a certain degree of doubt, even if it's a civil suit.

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Translation: I'm bashing Pacman's unethical actions because they caused people to get hurt.

Coercion: Encouraging or commiting an act that makes others do as you do or as you say.

actions causing people to get hurt. hm... that's coercion.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

baba...

Yeah but proving that in court isn't easy and since pacman has the means to hire a top defense team it will be even more difficult. The issue i guess is did pacman personally provoked the shooter to do what he did but they don't have the shooter in custody.

You do make a good point though and made it as succinctly as anyone so far.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

thank you. you are also a formidable opponent.:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar