Sensabaugh vs BWW Comp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Aug 17, 2014.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

No I didn't get on McCourty til 2011 when he earned the right to have fans
  2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Vern was actually pretty good from the jump. He just got better each year.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

When Verner was a rookie he got beat deep a lot. He was good at intermediate and short yardage plays, but did get beat deep. He has came a long way. To be honest though, I am still not sold on Verner. He is good, but I don't think he is elite. Obviously NFL talent evaluators agree or he would of gotten a much larger pay day then he did. He didn't really break out until he was in a contract year. Maybe I am just comparing him to players that I shouldn't. He doesn't have the size Sherman does so that's not really a fair comparison. Then again to be great he will have to overcome his size limitations. Now I am sure I am going to catch all kind of crap for saying that Verner is not elite. There were people on this board ready to pay him Sherman type $$$. The truth is, he is just there yet.

Wow, I got way off subject. Anyway, I really hope that BWW comes around. He is a big physical CB that is in the mold of what you would want. However, if his talent doesn't catch up to his physical traits it means nothing. All that said, I hope that BWW comes around and wins this competition. I know both will be on the field, but on the outside a player with BWWs physical traits would be great if the talent catches up.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

You're good man, no one can give you flack for calling Verner what he is. He's been good for about 2 years, and that's telling it like it is. Too bad we lost a good player, but not like he's 1 in a million
  5. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I agree with both of you boys on Vern. Make no mistake though, he will have a good year in Tampa with Lovie.
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Verner has been very good since his rookie year.

McCourty has never been good, IMO.
  7. JCBRAVE

Problem with McCourty is he plays it safe, which mostly works out in his favor, but he'll never jump out at anyone as great. He's a very consistent CB, and thats hard to come by, not many CB's Id take over McCourty TBH.