Shea Weber accepts 14yr/100m+ from Philly

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Preditan, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Preditan

Preditan Follow me @TitanNation_ Staff Member

I miss-interpreted some quotes that Weber's agent had thrown out there. He never actually said that.

Preds are hosting a plaza party at Bridgestone Arena tomorrow at 12:30pm to celebrate Weber's signing, followed by a press conference (open to the public) for Weber's contract.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Weber is back

Now, lets go out and bust some skulls!!!

[​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 As old as Titan. Tip Jar Donor

I give you credit for saying maybe this was a friendship move so that we could make Weber a Pred for life.

My concern was that I don't want a player that doesn't want to play in Nashville. If he didn't want to be here this is a bad signing.

I'm a fan so I 'm choosing to think he loves Nashville and believes in our chances to compete for a Stanley. I think we can.
  4. dtm586

dtm586 Starter

This is great news for the Nashville fan base - as they can build around this guy for 14 years to come lol. I was scared another small market Tennessee franchise would just let him walk but they didn't back down. Kudos.

I am a rabid San Jose Sharks fan since I live near them - however with my loyalty fan-dom to the Titans, I must say I root secretly for the Preds especially come playoff time. Good move Nashville.
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

ya!!! Don't have ESPN,and I was out working at a bar last night. Saw Weber on screen, and a little Flyers logo on the screen... I thought the worst. Couldn't read the text. Very glad about this. Glad to see Radulov and the crappier brother gone.
  6. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Weber was a second round pick.
  7. corymiller

Man, how's that crow tasting now?

Also, you need to brush on how the structure actually works. When the Preds matched, they automatically owed him $13 million. Then $1 million in salary over the course of the season. Then on July 1, 2013. Another $13 million.

So it's not $27 million at one time.
  8. corymiller

Number 1 power play too.

Been a Preds fan since day one. We've never had a top 5 forward and will likely never obtain a 50 goal scorer. That said, we score by committee.

I do t care how we score or who does the scoring....

Also, webers agents should be fired!! Rebuild? Yeah right! We lost Ryan "the b1tch" Suter. We will either sign a veteran to take his spot(come on down Shane Doan) or Roman Josi will have to grow up over night.
  9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I was waiting for this. And I wasn't exactly sure with the structure...hence I used the phrase 'I think'.

Kinda happy for you guys...the organization would have had a hard time recovering if he walked.
  10. corymiller

We will trade him to you in a year if you send over oh let's say both Schenn brothers and Couts :)