Sign another good RB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I understand giving CJ the competition and make him work harder. We'll have a true off-season and he'll be here in Nashville with workouts. I'm sure he will be running better at the start of next season than he did this past one.

No more holding out and miss the entire camp CJ, we got you now ......:grrhee:

I rather go else where if we signed a decent FA before draft.

2. bigdogtitan

bigdogtitan Camp Fodder

According to our new GM in his latest interview,he is very well aware and preparing to potentially have to travel to cold,snowy stadiums in the playoffs and he wants to still be able to run the ball.Take it for what you will. I totally agree with him.

3. munie

munie Starter

Before we get another Rb...lets get some linemen who don't make the colts defense look like SF in the run Defense..

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Dont waste money on a RB imo.

If the line is fixed, we will have a running game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Sign another good RB? Doesn't that mean we have a good one to begin with? lololol

Seriously though I want Michael Bush, dudes a beast.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You know a backup running back we signed a few years ago that nobody talks about?

Antwan Smith

I thought he did really well after C. Brown went down. We can make that position effective without getting another big name.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm fully aware of our teams needs, and that RB isn't a high priority, but I firmly believe adding another RB who can actually push C.J. would benefit us as much as anything. The Eagles have 2 things in common with us, 1.) their O-Line is inconsistent, and 2.) they have an explosive runner. The difference is McCoy will do everything he can to make a play, whereas C.J. now seems content just getting 20 carries and 3-4ypc. Despite what he says, he's no longer hungry, therefor no longer makes something out of nothing. By us getting a better back-up than Ringer, it will show C.J. he's on thin ice.

NONE of our players should get complacent, I want them to always be worried they're about to lose their job. That's how we'll stay competitive.

Look where our team is at it's strongest, we have competition among the secondary, WR's and even at QB. Now look where we're in need of improvement, D-Line, RB, inside O-Line. None of the weak spots have real competition going on, thus is why we stink there.

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

i say we just get mike tolbert and put the team on his back and use CJ as a 2nd back. He's not a primary back and he can't take the toll of the wear and tear that a guy like tolbert can

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I agree that Tolbert is the guy to pursue, but even he has issues carrying the full work load. We should use a guy like Tolbert to split time with C.J., keep them both fresh.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

As truthful as that is, how can you justify having CJ as a secondary back with his contract?

I just don't think the money is their to spend on another back when we have a few other needs more pressing than runningback. I hope we draft one in the mid rounds though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar