Smitty's Week Two Colts Preview

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smitty46953, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Well Starkiller is the one who would have to do so, that is post his analysis.
    His were better than what I've seen from you, so far.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

for real. :yes:

I'm sorry whitevick331 but you really need to know your role here and just shut your pie hole. I went through a great deal of trouble to convince Smitty that he should join here. I don't need to be hearing this crap from some noob. You need to get over the fact that Jeff runs an open forum where rivals are actively encouraged to visit here. Don't be undoing my good will. Me and a handful of other Smack Returner types take great pride in how we roll. Don't be the proverbial zit on goTitans.com's face. :rant:

oh, and as for telling him where to post...

look here.
    :rolleyes:

Smitty... You need to update the frontpage there buddy.

3. Hoffa

Smitty predicted a close Colts victory over the Saints
    and a large Colts victory over the Titans.

The first game was not close so,
    if this is a close game, then Smitty should be fired...
    :ha:

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Sooo much drama in the LBC...kinda hard bein .....

5. Titanics

Titanics Guest

Once again, the "experts" aren't giving us any credit. Whenever someone talks about our week 1 performance they say "out of nowhere came the Titans running game. They won't be able to repeat that." I say we have a better chance of repeating our week 1 performance than the Colts do of repeating theirs. Putting up 41 at home against the Saints (who looked so confused) is different than going on the road and doing it against a divisional opponent.

The line is only around 7 points for this game so 34 to 10 seems a bit high for me. We at least have to get into the 20's if we want to win this game tho.

6. The saints looked like a deer in head lights the whole game Thursday night,lucky for us we play the colts twice a year and have a pretty good feel for what they do.I hardly see this as a blow out and i like our chances runnin the football against an undersized colts defense.Raheem Brock was sayin that they have a totally different game plan for VY this year and are gonna make it tuff for him.....Hmmmmm i heard that before,the Jaguars defense said the same exact thing before we played them sunday and do you know what we did to that defense?? :flamegun: exactly..........

7. ColtsBlue

ColtsBlue Camp Fodder

Congratulations on a fantastic win over the Jaguars. I could not believe my eyes, seeing Chris Brown run past Stroud and Henderson for 175 yards. That's unbelievable. Kudos to your O line, impressive performance. Hats off to Norm Chow for an excellent game plan.

The Colts shut down the NFL's #1 rated offense last Thursday, which was a complete turn around from what our defense did last year.

Much has been made about the players we lost on defense. We lost Jason David and you saw the result of that in the Saints game. We love "little scrappy" but he just doesn't have the physical tools to cover Reggie Wayne. Marlin Jackson has replaced him. Harper played very well for us but the time has come for Heydon to replace him. Keiaho has replaced Cato June and Keiaho is a better at tackling the ball carrier. We will have to see if he can play Sunday. Losing Booger McFarland means our run stopping DT is out again. Last year we lost Simon and Reagor. Folks tend to forget we lost our 2 starting DT's last year. Our defense suffered. McFarland came in and in time proved to be good for our defense. Now he's gone for the season. Brock will be solid at DT for us and a rookie from Penn State, Johnson has moved in to the starting DT slot and has played very well.

We expect the Colts will concentrate on stopping Len Dale White or Chris Brown and make Vince beat us with his arm.

As usual it will be an exciting game. If our defense can play as well against the Titans as they did against the Saints, we will leave Nashville with a win. It all depends on how well the Colts defense can control your running game. If it comes down to Vince against Peyton, that will be no contest. No disrespect to Vince, but Peyton is in a class by himself and he has Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Dallas Clark to work with. I know, it's not fair.

8. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

Fired??? Hell I need to be hired to be fired Mr. Hoffa ... I predicted a close game against NO based on their running game and quarterback...I was pleasantly suprised we hung 41 while only allowing a field goal to last seasons #1 offense. So this week ... 34-10 sounds do-able of course if I was biased toward the Titans it would be different... Would like to read your analysis and prediction if you care to share... :rolleyes:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Smitty... the colts SUCK when they play inside the division.

Colts are the door knob of the AFC South. :grrhee:

everyone gets a turn. :ha:

you may be world champs... and that's all fine and good...

but don't go predicting blowouts... the Jags, Texans, and Titans know your team best... the Colts succeed often against strange foes... wow.. New Orleans? In Indy? Damn, how long has it been? Four years?

There is a reason Indy puts 40 pts on otherwise good NFC clubs...

yet they lose 75% of their games inside the division?

think about it. Predicting a route based on week one vs New Orleans is kinda loopy. When will you ever see that team again barring a Super Bowl? Maybe Monday Night Football... but not on the gridiron for another 4 years.

10. Hoffa

No kidding.:rolleyes:
    That was just a joke Mr Smitty, lighten up.

Don't know if you saw the Titans game last week, but we have a pretty good running game and QB as well.

Well, I'm not going to do a big drawn out analysis like you and make believe I write for ESPN, and end up making myself look like a hapless homer with no diction skills.
    But I will predict that the final score of this game will be closer to the final two scores last year. There will be no 24 point win by the Colts, like Bip said this is not the Titans team of 2004-5. If you think that then you will miss your
    prediction badly for the second week this year.
    The Colts are looking at 1-1, you Mr Smitty are looking at 0-2. :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar