Sneaky feeling

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't think so. He has said in multiple media releases that he is obligated to leave the team in a better position each regardless of whether or not he'll be here.

I just think it is odd that we haven't spent on ANYBODY new. There can only be value cap management if you spend on value. Cap space doesn't do anything for you, just sitting there.

Now, if I heard- we feel the FAs next year are better and we don't plan on spending this year, I guess I could undertand. We haven't heard anything.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Another possibility is we are tying to save cap room for draft day action. If we use up our entire cap space now we would not be able to pick up a solid player with a chunky salary.

Off the top of my head like a Randy Moss type or someone like that.

We have made attempts at Stallworth, are looking at Harper, and possibly Dillion.

If the off season ends with us picking up Harper and Dillion. Plus we trade for Moss or make a move on a S or DE we will not be looking that bad and the team would have improved versus last season. That is assuming we still have PacMan.

We had one of the toughest schedules last season and still managed an 8-8 season and we were a game from making the playoffs. All of this with a 0-5 start. We improve on the first 5 games and we are looking at a team going to the playoffs.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Fisher's as hot of a commodity as Jim Schwartz is. Everybody wants a coach that shines only when the talent allows him to! :))

4. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Sabotage a contract year? Umn, no.

Rightly or wrongly, I think the FO is convinced that the team's best chance to win is in the young players already on the team, including the ones who have not played much yet.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The league perception on Fisher is that he does as well as he can given that he works for Bud Adams. He has a permanent pass on file as long as he is a Titan.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Jeff might generate some interest ......
    until owners realize that JEff is bringing Schwartz with him

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think that is a right on assessment. A few "name" FAs could eat up cap in a hurry, and there is still Moss, whom I believe we are still serious about. There's just nothing to do in regard to him, or Darrell Jackson, but wait it out. If we do get Moss, at his present salary, he will eat up $10M in cap space. Add $5M for the rookie pool, roughly, you are looking at about $10M in space left. With that, you probably get to sign one more "name" FA - Harper, Hamlin - and maybe you can re-sign some of your own guys with the rest. Realistically, I wouldn't expect too much more than that.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

lol

There better be a plan, or im gon be pissed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar