So, does Raheem Brock make the squad?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Laserjock, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

you'r Brockin' my Balls !

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

A man's trash is another man's treasure. I was hoping to get Aaron Schobel, but i like Brock, also.

He had some pretty decent games for the Colts. Let's just see what He can bring for the Titans.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Brock > Ball.

Yes. He makes the squad.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So you're saying he was the weakest part of a super bowl team. He couldn't possibly be an upgrade over the last defensive lineman off the bench for an 8-8 team...

Like I said, it will be a fun competition to watch.

5. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

why so negative.the guy has had a pretty decent career considering who was playing behind.is he gunna be the missing piece to a championship?no,but he could be a nice rotation guy and fill in a hole for injurys.the guy has some talent he doesnt suck.he asked for his release and i hope he makes the team and does well.we need depth and we are young so it would nice to have a leader for the younger guyz to look up to.

if all else fails he can show off his ring and show the young guyz what they are working for.....

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

... It's Jesse.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I like what I'm hearing from Brock.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...2162/Titans+lineman+can+t+wait+to+hit+Manning

"They know me since we have been playing against each other for the past couple of years. So they know what I can do and basically I have to go out there and show that I can still do it,'' Brock said of the Titans.
    Regarding Peyton:

"I can finally touch him,'' Brock said with a smile. "I will definitely be trying to get a hit on him."
    Regarding his release:

Brock asked for his release from the Colts because he wasn't getting the third down opportunities behind Freeney and Mathis he wanted.

"I was trying to get a better opportunity to rush the quarterback,'' Brock said. "I think I am in a good situation where I have to take advantage of it, plain and simple. They play a defense that fits what I do.''

Now, obviously he wasn't performing as well as Freeney or Mathis because he wasn't out there. But this just might turn out to be one of those situations where Wash "tunes up" Brock a bit to be an excellent rusher in our system. We'll see but I am really excited about this pick-up.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm making this out to be just what it is. Would he have been here without our guys getting shaken up... No, and because of that I can't get too excited. If he was that good he wouldn't have been available. I know his stats are down because he's depth and not a starter, but I'm sorry guys, he's just too average for me to write home about. I'm not knockin the guy, I'm all for anything to push Dave Ball out the door. Enlighten me if I'm overlooking something here. He would be an upgrade over Ball for sure if he stays.

9. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I don't think anyone's getting overly excited here lol. He's quality vet depth at a position where we have a lot of youth. A net gain if he sticks IMO.

10. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm sure Jim Washburn can coach him up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar