So my 2 favorite teams play Thanksgiving...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As some of you know, the Detroit Lions were my favorite team until the Titans arrived, and I still love them like a step-child of a 20 year marriage- a mentally challenged stepchild, but still.
    I've grown a lot closer to the Titans over these 10 years because they're much easier to follow with local coverage and going to the games more than once every year or 2. So of course, I'll be hoping we win. I'm not like the Peyton Manning fans that wear a Colts jersey "for one game of the year". Although, I wont mind one bit if the Lions actually did win. I just don't want them to because at this point, I'm thinking draft for them and playoffs for us.

I thought last week was going to be quite ironic with the 0-10 lions being on their way to a win up 17-0 in the first quarter while the 10-0 Titans were on their way to a loss. And then meeting the following week...but of course the Lions blew it, as I knew they would.

So here's how I see this game playing out: Low scoring and very sloppy. I don't think this is the week we'll shake off the loss to the Jets. I expect to see us play like we've had our swagger ripped away from us rather than bouncing back strong. We'll run the ball well, and play decent defense, but I can see a lot of frustration and dumb mistakes killing chances at points.
    Calvin Johnson will make a few catches, but Finnegan will keep him relatively quiet. Unfortunately Calvin is a bit shy and Finnegan is too firey for him.
    McDonald could eat Carr alive if Harper isn't back, but if Calvin gets lined up on Carr - go ahead and give them the 40 yards or more. Culpepper is an interception machine, but his deep ball still looks good.
    That being said, I could easily see Culpepper throwing for 3 ints and our D scoring all our points.

Anyway...I may be the only one, but this game will be fun for me to watch.

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

2 favorite teams....?:suspect:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Mr. E was/is a Lions fan.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I think it's possible to have a strong interest in more than one team. I have a strong interest in the Panthers, though not as much as the Titans. It's a regional thing.

I will NOT, however, EVER be associated with the ****ing rayduhs, even though I'm in their territory (Yes, Hawaii is a rayduh nation :irked:)

5. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Panthers...? :suspect:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He was also a first class douche

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

there are 2 things getting stuffed on Thanksgiving, and one of them is Detroit

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Here's how I see the game playing out.

The Lions offensive line is so weak that Culpepper will get sacked on a regular basis. We will shred their defense up with our run game and it will probably look a lot like the Chiefs game.

9. avvie

:ha:

Well, I did move out from from North Carolina....

10. avvie

Of course! Why break a long-standing tradition?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar