Some people are just scum

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

I wouldn't trust any police report on car vs bicycling. I myself was hit about 4 years ago, nothing real bad, bruising...destroyed bike of course. Anyway, the lady fully admitted to hitting me, fully admitted to doing a "california stop", several witnesses at the scene backed this up. When several days later I try to pick up the police report for my attorney I find out the lady wasn't even given a ticket, nothing at all...zero. even though the report backs all this up. I spent several days attempting to contact the police officer that was at the scene. Finally he returns my calls and tells me point blank that "he wouldn't write a ticket for something like that unless he actually witnessed the incident." As I said the lady admitted to breaking the law, witnesses backed this up, her insurance company settled out of court, but no ticket no nothing on her driving record. ****ING COPS
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I understand the frustration, but outside of just some scuffing on your part. It isn't nearly as big of a deal as killing someone. One would assume/hope, they go by the books.

Another one of those issues that would be solved if cops were required to wear cameras.
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

and you think this video would be public

very pollyannish

anything worth seeing/hearing would be redacted
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

its a step in the right direction.
  5. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

Scuffing???? I saw her coming out of the corner of my eye...I was able to sort of do a controlled dive onto her hood instead of being ran over...then thrown onto the road landing hard onto my side. I had bruising the down my entire right side...walked with a limp for weeks, couldn't ride or workout at all for 6 months. Scuffing???? She could have killed me. ***** deserved to get at least a ****ing ticket for her stupid actions and lack of attention.
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Thats not what I am saying. You would *figure* after some kid died, an officer would make sure to cover his ass at the minimum.
  7. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

They protect their own before the public...perhaps not all of them but a lot of them.
  8. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Did you sue her?
  9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I don't know if its just me, but I have really seemed to notice an increase in police criticism, from all demographics. Likely going to see some crazy **** in the coming years.
  10. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

Settled out of court.