SS Bernard Pollard visits Titans today

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Can either pollard or wilson play FS? I don't think so but if one could, sign Pollard and trade Griffin would be perfect.
    Then draft a FS in one of the first three rounds

2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

The only thing I wonder about as far as a corner, is maybe they prefer Verner being on the outside. Because Finnegan's last year, Verner would always play outside and Finnegan would move to the nickel in the nickel package. Winfield might be a better signing if that's the case.

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

If we didn't have enough room for him, why would they bring him in? Somebody better let Ruston know we don't have enough room for these guys.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay I would love this for a few reasons:

-The DB market right now seems low/slow. We could probably get him at a good price.
    -Gregg Williams would love him.
    -Competition with Wilson for the starting job even though Pollard would probably win.
    -Good depth in the back field which we need.
    -He also brings an attitude to the defense that no one else has done past few years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Griffin and Wilson are the only 2 solid Safeties we have on the roster. We need more than that.

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Most teams don't play with three safeties on the field though. Why not use the money on a CB like Namdi who will become a starter alongside McCourty, and move Verner back to a nickle back where he belongs and excels at? I just don't see the point in having three starting caliber safeties. Griffin sucks, but I don't see them benching him this year for what we are paying him.

I do like what Pollard brings though. If we didn't sign Wilson, I'd be 100% for it.

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

We could use some of this, even if it did draw a bs flag

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans signed George Wilson earlier this month, but the team apparently still has interest in bolstering the safety position.

Former Baltimore safety Bernard Pollard visited the team on Friday.

The 28 year-old Pollard was a starter on the Super Bowl-winning Ravens team, despite the fact he played most of the season with six cracked ribs.

Pollard, 6-1 and 228 pounds, led the Ravens with 98 tackles last season, adding two sacks, one interception and six passes defended. He was a salary-cap casualty in Baltimore, as the Ravens saved $2 million in cap money by releasing him.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Do it.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I love Pollard but I'm with the opinion that I rather sign a CB or DE or with the money we have left over instead of paying an overpaid safety (like Wilson) on the bench if we signed Pollard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar