Stunned Titans failed to answer critics

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

My second favorite team...go Cards. Fitzgerald is the best WR in the game.

2. Toly

Toly Free your mind

The guy has a point. What's funny is that many people in here lable Manning as a choker... and ironically, the Titans are taking the same route. It's just amazing how they did so many good things in the regular season and then did the complete opposite against the Ravens.

I checked Crumpler's stats and the guy had only 4 fumbles in his carrer prior to the '08 season... that's right, only 4 fumbles in a 7 year span and none the last two years. How about White? I think he didn't fumble all year or maybe once.

And the passing D was one of the best for the most part of the year. But somehow they allowed several big plays to a run-oriented team.

The whole game was completely surreal.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Nobody ever plays a perfect game and unfortunately yesterday the 3 plays where a mistake was made turned out to be critical.

As to Fisher, he made only one error in my book and that was going for it on 4th and long. Of course you can't blame him for the fumble, but in a game where field position is so important I don't see how you don't punt (given that they obviously felt Bironas couldn't make the FG).

If I had to pick a goat, it has to be White. He's simply not fast enough to be a #1 runningback. Whenever you see him trying to get to the corner you can plainly see he doesn't have the speed to get there before the defenders. And then carrying the ball away from his body when pounding it inside the 20, that just begging for a fumble.

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I guess what I was getting at was that the team as whole didn't seem preapred for a playoff game. Whether that was due to having essentially 2 weeks off I don't know, but to me fumbling and all the penalties goes back to coaching and being prepared. Our Super Bowl year are the only playoff games we've won, that I can recall with Fisher as our coach. No he wasn't the one that fumbled or made the penalties but he is the coach that is supposed to have them coached up better than that and have taught them the proper techniques for not fumbling in key situations. But that is only my opinion and no I'm starting any fire Fisher thread.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Aside from these it was almost the perfect game.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well maybe the media in general gave the hype to the Ratbirds before the game, but the media could not have/did not predict :

1. CJ getting hurt

2. an uncharacteristic # of turnovers

3. an uncharacteristic # of penalties

4. our defense not getting turnovers when they've thrived off it all year

So some of that that the media said should be totally irrelevant. Had nothing to do with yesterday.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I predicted the lack of Blitzing by the Titans, Schwartz would rather die the death of 1000 cuts than take a chance at victory.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Join the media. You'd have safe predictions at least as far as Shwartz is concerned :yes:

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

:rolleyes:

Yea and yet we still gave up 13 points, hard to win games when you can't score more than that. That's why we lost, not because of Schwartz, get over yourself.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

scatbirds should not have scored at all. The scatbirds were impotent on O and dehr Schwartzie refused to put the hammer down on the rookie by bringing any heat. and you can take yourself and get over anything you want. If you like Schwartzie then you like a loser!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar