Super Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragevsuall

Ragevsuall Guest

The highlight of the SB was that Bud Light commercial with the rotating wall/fridge/table thing ... I loved it.

The game itself... yawn. :drool:

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

squeelers still suck

they got every break and those coffee sipping latte breathed losers were their own worst enemy.

pittsburgH SUCKS!

3. danny

danny Guest

Funny, I didn't hear Joey Porter's mouth spouting off about the officiating this time. Darrell Jackson got robbed with the push off. Big Ben wasn't in. There wasn't any holding on that long completion to Stevens. Someone mentioned the "Good ol'boy" network last night. It was in full swing on this one. I also noted how no Seahawks "tapped out" either.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The pushoff was a penalty, but was so minor that it shouldn't have been called. I can go either way on that one.

The issue I have is with Ben and the goal line. I'm hearing everyone questioning this, and to me, it was clearly in. No, I know where it ended up on the ground didn't count, but on the replay you can see the tip of the ball cross onto the white. It was clear to me, and while some people I was watching with originally complained, after a few replays they shut up.

5. maximus

maximus Starter

:ha: :ha: :ha: :ha:

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont agree the push off was a penalty, but if it was, then Im confused how it wasnt on both guys because Hope had clearly made contact with Jackson in the endzone which is after the 5 yards. I think it was a crap call, but if they were gonna call it I thought it had to be offsetting or something because the safety made just as much contact with Jackson after the 5 yards as Jackson did on the pushoff.

And I still havent seen an angle where the ball touched the line.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm in complete agreement with those that thought the officials stunk. Now I'm not saying they were deliberately in favour of the Steelers, but it sure look that way.

1) OPI. Yes there was contact, but minimal. If you're going to call that you also need to call the illegal contact that occured by the CB just prior.

2) Two holding calls against Seahawks O-line were complete bogus, especially the one negating the long run. Even our commentators on Danish tv commented on that being a bad call (or if you're nicer towards the officials, a questionable call).

3) Another questionable holding call on a return by Seahawks.

4) Illegal block below the waist on Hasselbeck, when making the tackle!?!? What was that ref smoking??

I do believe Ben was in though, the ball doesn't have to cross, just touch the line.

But the fact is that a lot of iffy calls all went the Steelers way and I don't like that, smells too fishy for my liking.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we were having a round table discussion about that last night

dude 1 - "well, is the stripe marking the inside of the EZ ? or does it just outline the perimeter ?"
    dude 2 - "it marks the EZ. period. the Line is actually the endzone"
    ME - " who gives a puck. it's too wishy-washy. the ball needs to cross it"

and I'm going to stick to that. in a game like that . with it that close.
    had the ball crossed ENTIRELY into the blue area then I'd give it

but as I saw it (from the goalline cam) maybe MAYBE the point of the ball may have touched the stripe. but it wasn't enough to call it a TD

(One step further) had the call on the field NOT been a TD and then it be reviewed , I don't believe they would have changed it to a TD

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The White is the line. From my understanding, it doesn't have to pass the far side of the line... Anyone actually have the official rule?

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, the league shows us year in and year out that it has some flawed rules. it should be a process as ALL controversial calls be subject to ridicule and refinement.

you just can't say that just because that one nipple on the point of the ball (hehe) touches the white stripe by 1/8 of an inch that it's a TD.
    let's make it interesting (and competitive) , let's make it where the ENTIRE ball has to cross the ENTIRE line before it's considered a score.

(I'd like to see it where the player actually needs to be downed inside,but we'll just stick to the ball right now)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar