Talk me out of a Wii U

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SawdustMan, Feb 10, 2015.

1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Superhero Squad Tip Jar Donor

Who here has a Wii U? How long have you had it and do you actually find yourself still playing it much?

I'm on the fence about picking one up. TBH neither the Xbox One or PS4 interest me very much at this point. These days I find myself not having the kind of time to dedicate to these 40+ hour epic games anymore and my PS3 has pretty much just been sitting there collecting dust for the better part of the past year. Wii U has slowly built a pretty decent catalog of games. And I still have a soft spot for Mario, Zelda, etc. and I've always been a big fan of platformers. Another point in its favor is being able to buy old NES/SNES games.

But on the other hand I remember how my original Wii was great for about a month and then it pretty much just sat there unused until I ultimately sold it for a fraction of what I paid for it. And I know that third-party support is virtually non-existent.

There are some games for Wii U I'm really dying to play. But I'm just worried once I play those games and get my nostalgia fix from old NES games it will just sit there taking up space like my original Wii.
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO Tip Jar Donor

only little girls play with a Wii
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO Twit @TennessyXO

Talk you out of?

Smash Brothers
    Mario Kart
    New Zelda
    New Star Fox

That alone is worth it. I kind of want one because that incoming Zelda looks ridiculous.
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO Tip Jar Donor

Yea, I'm picking up a PS4 soon and debating about getting a Wii U strictly because of Zelda.
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Don't get a Wii U.

This has been me talking you out of getting a Wii U.
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO Twit @TennessyXO

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Wake up and die right Tip Jar Donor

My kids asked for one a few years ago and so we have one, but I barely touch the thing. It can't play DVDs or blue ray which is lame, so hardly worth it's price tag.

I mostly got it for me and my son to play Mario Bros, he deserves to know about Mario and Luigi
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

I won't talk you out of one, but... why do you think you want one?
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Superhero Squad Tip Jar Donor

Basically the exclusives and old school NES/SNES games.
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I've had a Wii U since launch.

Absolutely love it and play it more than my Xbox One. Only system currently getting more playtime is my 3DS (maybe Dreamcast...).

Great system with a great library so far and some awesomeness (Splatoon!, Xenoblade Chronicles X, new Zelda, new Star Fox) coming in the future.