Tennessee Trainwrecks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Treadhead6, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treadhead6

Treadhead6 Peanut Gallery

Hello everyone. I'm a longtime Titans/Oilers fan tracing my roots back to when I used to fancy myself as Rob Carpenter playing runningback for my old HS. As seasons go, this is the most complete collapse I've seen of this team (and there have been many). Currently I'm deployed in Iraq so it's tough to actually watch games. However, two of the last three games were on AFN - Jags and Broncos. I, of course, found a way to watch both. I wasn't able to watch today's game so I followed on NFL.com. In my mind I visualized myself playing Madden football where I'm the Bengals and I picked an NFL Europe opponent.:suspect: Could this catastrophe been any worse? The answer is yes. The Bengals could easily have scored at least two more touchdowns.

Bottom line is that the Titans have been exposed as the trainwreck they are. Even during the 6-2 run they completely relied on the defense. The defense, in turn, was completely reliant upon a couple of key players. The offense has been consistent all season in turning the ball over, inability to score TDs in the red zone, ball control during key stretches of every game, and running in short yardage situations. I knew they'd lose to Jacksonville as soon as it was announced that Albert Haynesworth wouldn't play. I never guessed that the collapse would be this bad.

This team has been bad in one phase or another of the game all season long. Now they are just plain bad. Even having players return from injuries isn't going to turn this season around. The Titans lack intensity, talent, and, most of all, depth.

As a longtime fan of this franchise I'm good at what I'm about to say next - Wait till next year! :rolleyes:

2. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

Well, the Titans isn't a bad team. They just have a few pieces of the puzzle to have hope. Now, IF we can have big AL and more deph on the line, Pac. and Reciever who can catch and and running back that can run. Basically the whole team we could be okay. :( IF AL comes back. If we can get a run game going. And IF somebody can hang on to the ball, then we might win a couple more games. But that's a lot of "IF's".

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Hold the faith Titan fans, the Cows are coming to town next weekend. A good place to start over, and maybe a good week for Fisher to start on the beard...

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Oilers tho, were good enough to win a few superbowls. You never thought Moon would be stopped, on any drive, at any time. He was that good. The Titans are very different under McNair and Young. You look up, you see the W, and you're like damn, we keep winning, this is nice, how are we doing it. So I dont see this as a typical franchise collapse. This is more like a reality check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar