Thank God We Didn't Trade Down

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Passing in Davis would be a mistake

2. Titans_42078

Titans_42078 Camp Fodder

Teams that moved up

Chicago
    KC
    Houston

All for QBs. KC wasn't going to be able to move from 27 to 5 without blowing up two drafts. Houston wasn't trading here and Chicago happened in front of us. That's literally the trades that could've happened for the 5 pick. Honestly given that Davis didn't work out at all this offseason I'm beginning to think JRob targeted him and made him the priority from the get go.

It's obvious based on his visit that Adoree Jackson was targeted and I've seen mixed opinions on him. I do think especially with OJ on the board that the trade down was there at 18 and I think we could've gotten Adoree later. But I also can appreciate that JRob just took his shot and chose the guys he was enamored with. I hope it's a homerun like Conklin was.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Would have rather taken lattimore @ 5 and OJ @ 18...

4. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

It's crazy to think that we could have had both Lattimore and OJ, theoretically at least.

But I do think it's really dumb that people are saying we reached by 5-10 picks on a guy. I'm sorry, I didn't know that we could just take guys wherever we want. If you want a guy, have to take them where you pick.

And after the Bears took Trubisky, any hopes of making a deal with the Browns was dead.

Davis and Jackson weren't my favorite players, but I certainly get why we took them where we did and now I just want them to become stars.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

All 3 WRs taken before #9.. good job JRob

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. LoneStarPhan

LoneStarPhan Starter

To get the good move down trade, things have to break just right. We know JRob was talking to several other teams, but evidently, a good deal just didn't come together.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. 615nick

615nick Starter

I still think a trade down for adoree could have been possible. But, who knows the offers. We got 2 guys we wanted, good draft so far. Im still looking for another wr and an ilb.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

JohnnyRob must of been cautious with the teams calling to trade up. If he can't fleece them then take the pick.

9. HonoluluYogi

HonoluluYogi Starter

My impression is Robinson's focus was on getting highly competitive, football-focused, high-character explosive playmakers with both these picks. While Jackson is not as polished a CB as he should to be picked #18, his ceiling is generally regarded as thru-the-roof, and he is a legit home-run threat as a returner. And he was a 'gadget' player on offense at USC, just another way to get the ball in his hands. As for Davis, his precise route-running is tailor-made for Mariota's precision passes. That trait was greatly coveted by both Robinson and Mularkey in pre-draft conversations. Bottom line, they helped themselves a great deal in all 3 phases with just 2 picks. Now, IMO, we need another CB, a TE, and/or an ILB from day 2. Would love to have gotten Howard, but understand their thinking.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

What if we traded down and took lattimore instead of the bust we drafted at CB? Then took Reuben foster at 18? That would've worked okay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar