Thank You, Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

The hate is too strong on here. But remember it's not personal at all :rolleyes:.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 615nick

615nick Starter

I'm sold on the fact that cj has f##### a few guys ole ladies on this forum.

3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

He hits the ground pretty easy, maybe baseball should be his next step. ^ Nah, my girl likes a man who can stand on his feet.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

LMAO

Go **** yourself Jimmy

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Thank you CJ. You are my favorite Titan of all time. I will never forget watching the draft when the Titans drafted you and my utter disgust because I had never heard of you. But the first preseason game you played, you took it to the house against the Rams and showed the speed and the reason you were worthy of the pick. You pretty much carried the offense your first few years on the team and I'll always remember how proud I was to be a Titans fan when you went over 2000 yards. I hope when your career is over, you can sign a 1 day deal with the Titans and retire in the same place you began your career.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Doubtful. He stays cyber-stalking "House of Flavor" types on twitter...

Thanks, CJ. For killing drives for a solid 4 years with your "maybe awesome 70 yard run, but probably cringeworthy 2 yard run" style.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Favorite Titan of all time? Really?

He was certainly my favorite from 2008-2010 because he's really all we had and was very exciting during that time.

I understood the holdout and he certainly deserved more than what he was being paid at the time, but that was, in fact, his rookie contract and I would like to see players fulfill those contracts before asking for more money. He would've been rewarded eventually without having to holdout. AP showed up to camp and was rewarded with an even bigger deal. If you're the face of the franchise, you'll get your deal. Don't be a douche about it.

I said when the holdout happened we should just let him rot away on his couch. Teams are in the power position... not the players. We were too weak and acted as if he was the answer when, in fact, we would've been better off without him especially in 2011 when he was consistently putting up 20 or less yards per game and being CJ1YPC.

I always considered him a 3-4 year back, so I knew when we lost to the Ravens we likely missed our window - and then 0-6 pretty much sealed that very thought.

He was dead to me after the piss poor performance in the Jags game after holding out. He showed flashes at times and I kept thinking "he's back." No. He sucked more than he was good from 2011-2013 and anyone who wanted him back at $8mil (or $10mil or whatever) is, by definition, insane.

I wanted him back for no more than $3-4mil (and still drafting someone like Mason to take over) It was always about the money.

CJ can easily be an exciting and effective player on the right team this upcoming season if he is used properly. And 'properly' does not mean more touches. It means less. It means having him split carries with another good back and letting those legs rest. The Broncos would be the best fit for obvious reasons. Patriots too.

At the end of the day, whether I "hated" the guy or not, I'm still happy we drafted him in 2008. He was worth it.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

H5 for the effort

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

what you want on it?

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

I said before that he would do better on a team that used him right. If he goes to one of the teams I listed then I'll bet you 100 then 25 to the tip jar. If he doesn't go to one of the listed teams and he chases the money, I'll go 25 then 25 to the tip jar. Sound good?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar