The All Purpose College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

The Pac is Back!!

See what a lowly, middle of the pack, Pac-10 team can do to a top flight SEC team; hardened by intense, other-worldly competition only found south of the Mason-Dixon Line!!!!

Look out :woot2: !!!!!

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I enjoy a good SEC bashing as much as the next guy but Tennessee is not a top flight SEC team. There's only 2 top SEC teams this year IMO and it's Florida and Georgia. I'm not sold on LSU, I know their the champs but their QB is from Harvard, nuff said.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We really did whip them. Our defense stomped their ***.

They won because:
    A) They had a blocked punt return for TD.
    B) Foster is the king of critical fumbles.
    C) Lincoln couldn't hit a 50 yarder, or a 30 yarder when it mattered most.

Crompton played bad and I don't know why we didn't run the ball more. And Foster should never be in the lineup in red zone situations.

Oh well, now we can go on to another losing season and Fulmer being fired. I'd say losing to Florida, UGA, and Auburn all looks likely the way our offense played.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't think giving up 20 first downs and almost 50% conversion rate on third down is considered a whipping.

just like my dad and i were saying throughout the game, just think how bad it could have been had ucla had a quarterback who was trusted to throw past the first down marker.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I agree, our D won the first half, mainly because their QB sucked. We have no BIG time QB, and Foster damn him cant hold the ball.

But I agree...I am ready for a coaching change.....Fulmer....years have been good, but its time for something new.

6. Alex1939

UCLA only rushed for 29 yards and gave up 4 turnovers. That is a butt whipping. I don't blame the defense for bending near the end of the game. It had to be frustrating watching our offense fumble near the endzone, settling and missing long field goals, etc.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Tennessee dominated one half. Just like Michigan did. Both lost, and both got manhandled in the other half. Can't call that a butt kicking.

8. Alex1939

I have the game recorded, maybe I'll force myself to watch the second half again. I had several beers by that point.

But I don't remember being "manhandled" by UCLA's offense. They put together 1 or 2 good long drives. Completed easy passes. Didn't run very well.

Maybe I was too inebriated to remember correctly.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't see how an offense can score 27 points and get whipped.

10. Alex1939

3 of those points are from a gain of nothing in OT.

7 of those points are off a blocked punt returned for a td.

I think an offense can score only 17 points, and it pretty much be a whipping.

Particularly in college where there are more points scored on average than the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar