The answer to keeping McCarthy healthy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm sure others will have a different view point but in all my years of playing football i have always found that tackling hurts more than being tackle or trying to run through someone. I've just always felt that my potential for injury was higher while tackling.

I'm not too concerned about Colin's "size" so to speak but more of his strength and level of fitness/flexibility. Most athletic injuries usually occur do to some combination of muscle inbalances, lack of flexibility, or just over all weakness in muscle groups. Unless he's already done irreparable joint or tendon damage adding some strength will help his injury woes.

2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

So should Britt put on weight? OMG people we now know how to keep our stars healthy. Get out the twinkies and ho hos and re-sign that motherf*****.

3. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

McCarthy is always making plays when he's healthy. What are you talking about? How he plays? What?

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

His leg's are still exposed :(

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

we joke about McCarthy, but his inability to stay on the field really puts the FO in a quandry. We have a bunch of holes to fill and if McCarthy were dependable then MLB isn't a hole. Given his track record I think the FO needs to try and upgrade the MLB spot with a young LBer in the draft and keep a guy like Diles.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

twinkies dont exist anymore you ass hole

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea for now, somebody will make twinkies, this is America, land of the twinkie. You can't deny twinkies.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

McCarthey is about the same size as Patrick Willis, Mayo and serval other top inside backers. 6'1 238 is not too small at all for that position.

And how does height get a guy hurt? He's too short or too tall which is it?

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

McCarthy has fine size, enough with that, next.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ray Lewis 6'1 240

Patrick Willis 6'1 240

McCarthy 6'1 238

So Colin needs to pack on 2 lbs? That's his problem?

Tulloch has been a durable linebacker at 5'11. London Fletcher is the epitome of durability and longevity and he is 5'10. So Colin is too tall then?

So bottom line is that it has nothing to do with his size. So shut up about something you know nothing about people.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar