The Dark Knight Rises - Spoiler Thread (first post isn't a spoiler though)

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Finally get to open the thread I created. Saw it last night and loved it.

Not sure if Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises is better and my only concern was Bane's voice was a little difficult to understand at times and how he died (assuming he died).

The breaking the bat fight scene was epic.

1. I agree.
    2. They're not following the comics.
    3. I think they did a good job with him.
    I don't. I'm certain they gave him total control. There were hints of Robin in the teaser trailer way back.

They've already said it will be a reboot.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Agreed. Best scene in the movie. Soooo brutal.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Judging a movie before seeing it.

#OpinionNotValid

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Anything think if Heath Ledger was still alive he would have made a cameo appearance as The Joker?

I found the Batman voice and 'Where is the trigger' really funny.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

I think he would have been a major player.
    I think even Nolan said they had to significantly change their ideas for the third film after his death.

I imagine he would have been a thorn in Bain's side. Not exactly controllable and would have definitely been opposed to killing Batman.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yes. I honestly think the Joker would've played a fairly significant role in Rises if Ledger hadn't died. After seeing TDKR, I actually had the thought that now TDK kind of feels like the odd man out in the series. Because of the way many things from Begins came full circle in Rises. I've gotta think Nolan had bigger plans for the Joker than just "steal a bunch of money, terrorize Gotham a bit, the end". Looking back now, the Joker storyline feels a bit like a deviation from the overall story of Nolan's Batman. (BTW I'm not knocking it at all. I love TDK.) I'm sure Nolan had a plan to wrap everything up in a nice little bow.

I would LOVE to know what Nolan's initial plans were for the finale pre-Ledger's death. Bet we'll never find out though. :(

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I had that thought as well. It seems to be a lot of Begins in TDKR, well aside from Dent, there wasn't any TDK in TDKR.

But I still it connected the dots well.

Tom Hardy looked massive as well. He must have put on a bit of weight and muscle.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I never even thought about the Joker being in the 3rd...

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

By the way love the Deadpool stuff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Superman nerds can GTFO

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar